Senior QA Lead
About Camelot Illinois:
Camelot Illinois has been awarded the contract as the new private manager of the Illinois Lottery. In partnership with the state, Camelot will operate a modern lottery that truly benefits the people of Illinois.
Camelot's innovative approach places consumers and social responsibility at its core, providing funding for schools, capital projects and special causes. Camelot is committed to building an organization with the strength and experience to grow the lottery and reinforce its rightful position as a force for good.
Camelot Illinois is a subsidiary of Camelot Global, a leading technology and professional services provider to lotteries around the world. Camelot Global’s portfolio of work includes the Irish National Lottery, Loterie Romande (Switzerland), the California State Lottery, the Kentucky Lottery and the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery, among others.
Our sister company, Camelot UK, has operated the UK National Lottery since 1994. Camelot UK has an unrivaled track record for success, helping the UK National Lottery deliver over $80 billion to winners and $46 billion to good causes to date.
Within Camelot Illinois, the Senior QA Lead is responsible for the Customer Acceptance Testing of off all deliverables from 3rd party suppliers, prior to release into production. Reporting to the Technical Service Delivery Manager you will work alongside your peers to shape and implement the best possible model for delivery of high quality software and systems at Camelot Illinois. You will be passionate about your work, keeping abreast of changes in the industry and technologies, using this to challenge convention and provide vision, inspiration and leadership. You will bring progressive ideas and pragmatic implementation experience around delivering highly quality into production.
- Assure the quality of code and systems provided by suppliers prior to release.
- Accountable for test estimates, plans, designs, execution completion, resourcing, metrics and reports.
- Own relationship with 3rd party preferred testing suppliers.
- Deliver Customer Acceptance Testing phase on behalf of Camelot.
- Develop deep technical and business understanding of Camelot systems to enable troubleshooting.
- Investigate failures and coordinate failure analysis, determining root causes, categorizing failures and driving corrective action.
- Define processes and standards for implementing best in class testing.
- Provide quality metrics, analysis and reporting to inform release decisions.
- Support the definition of test strategies and operating model frameworks for test preparation and execution with key 3rd party suppliers.
- Produce Test Completion Reports and other test phase deliverables.
- Drive continuous improvement in best practice, test resources, test team structure, test processes, test deliverables/templates, test tools, technology and test repositories.
- Understand context of contract, service level and commercial impact in working with 3rd parties.
- Report on key metrics and trends against 3rd party SLAs.
- Manage 3rd party supplier involvement.
- Develops relationships with internal and external management teams.
- Define support requirements for execution of upstream 3rd Party test phases across a series of projects, and ensure appropriate resources are put in place to execute accordingly.
- Accountable for management of the implementation of any service credit arrangement with suppliers.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent relevant work experience.
- 3 plus years of relevant QA experience.
- Established record of influencing early life cycle testing and delivering a highly automated and scalable test approaches.
- Experience developing waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Knowledge of ITIL and PMP related best practices.
- Scrum Master certification.
- Experience accelerating delivery and improving quality through increasing test effectiveness, efficiency and productivity in a multi-vendor, multi-channel environment including POS, Desktop and Mobile.
- Deep technical expertise gained through working in a variety of fast-paced and highly technical environments.
- Management of distributed teams - onshore, near shore and offshore third party vendors.
- Proficient in test automation, emergent design, testable and modular code, build infrastructure, test-driven development, and/or BDD and iterative development.
WHY WORK FOR US
Camelot Illinois is building a transformative lottery company with world-class people, technology and operations. The Camelot values of being honest, creating together, keeping it simple and thinking long term are embedded in the design of our organization and our plans for Illinois.
- Be Honest: We do what we say, we keep our promises and we don’t rest until we’ve earned each other’s respect
- Create Together: The most effective solutions come from strong collaboration, a culture of innovation, shared goals and respect for everyone’s expertise.
- Keep It Simple: We keep things simple, direct and transparent so customers in particular always know where they stand.
- Think Long Term: We work with customers to build successful lotteries for the next generation, not just the next day.
We want people who thrive in a relaxed, autonomous, results-driven environment to join our company. We believe the way to attract and retain the best talent is to offer a fulfilling career in an organization committed to growing its own future leaders. Career Development is a top priority and we will partner with employees to grow and progress their professional skill sets.
Benefits and Employee Policies
We will bring our experience of working with European lotteries to Illinois. We will also bring a European influence to paid time off, family leave and so on. We have created a strong ethical culture which is translated to each of our employees and business dealings globally. We aim to offer a package of benefits and policies which will compete with any private sector employer in the state. We ensure that every employee is engaged and has the necessary support to understand and implement the responsible gaming principles in their job.
Moreover, we pledge to have the highest standards of respect, diversity and inclusion at our company and will support and encourage our partners to do the same.
Camelot Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.