Senior Network Engineer
Senior Network Engineer
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up firm, but we act like one. From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you. Think you’re up for the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join their Dedicated IT team, tasked with supporting West Monroe's internal environment. As a Senior Network Engineer, you will provide operational support for LAN and WAN technologies such as switches, routers, VPN boxes, and circuits. In addition to support, you will be involved in building and configuring network infrastructure and security solution components. The ideal resource for this position will possess knowledge and experience in supporting network infrastructure and security solutions, and should have technical experience (hands-on implementation) in these areas. In addition, you should also possess strong project management and work planning skills, and the ability to interact with the team.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the ability to:
* Design and implementation at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
* Design and implement hosted and cloud solutions for customers using technologies that meet their requirements
* Design and implement disaster recovery solutions
* Problem management, diagnosis, escalation, tracking and resolution.
* Perform traffic engineering analysis on network facilities.
* Knowledge of network equipment including Cisco routers, and switches.
* Knowledge of network protocols, technologies, services, and monitoring tools.
* Maintain and update system and network documentation.
* Participate in complex projects with minimal supervision or guidance.
We are seeking highly motivated individuals who meet the following criteria:
* Efficiently manage multiple tasks and contribute in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
* Problem-solver, with natural innovative and analytical skills
* Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral), interpersonal, and organizational skills
* Upbeat, friendly, motivated, and positive team builder
* 5-7 years minimum of similar work experience in a client facing supporting and implementing network infrastructure (firewalls, routers, switches).
* Experience designing/implementing/maintaining SD-WAN technologies
* Excellent organizational, time management, verbal and written communication skills
* Cisco CCNA certification or higher preferred
* Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint
* Support services for virtualization technologies: VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft
* Remote access solution support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix
* Administration and maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system: update agent scripts, respond to alerts, monitor dashboard, and periodic system review
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.