Senior . NET Software Engineer
Sphera, the former Operational Excellence and Risk Management business of IHS Inc. is a leading global provider of enterprise software and services that enables companies to manage and optimize their environmental, health, safety and sustainability processes. Our software allows customers to automate processes, monitor emissions, ensure regulatory compliance, and track chemical inventory throughout a manufacturing cycle. We were recently spun off by IHS and acquired by Genstar Capital, essentially positioning us as a start-up tech company with $100 million in annual revenue and over 3000 customers in 70+ countries.
At Sphera, it is more than just a job. If you are looking to help change the world and challenge status quo while growing your career, you might find some interesting opportunities to pursue whether for you or to refer a colleague.
· Participate in the Agile software development (Scrum/Kanban) from concept design, to full-stack code and testing.
· Write concise code, clear, well-tested, well-documented and with quality that adhere to industry best practices.
· Optimize code for quality, performance, scalability, efficiencies and security; through testing, code scanning, refactoring and monitoring.
· Collaborate with product owners to define/refine requirements, break down into development tasks, estimate effort, and plan milestones & deliverables.
· Develop and maintain UI applications (web, mobile, etc.) and/or web APIs (RESTful & messaging-based).
· Identify opportunities for innovation, improvement of software architecture and cloud infrastructure; and/or offer new ideas.
· Advocate for simplicity, reliability, manageability, scalability, extensibility, reusability and performance.
· Be a proactive team member who contributes, collaborates and demonstrates positive behavior.
· 10+ years of experience designing and building scalable and performing data-driven software applications.
· Experience designing services based and/or tiered web and mobile applications.
· Experience developing secure code meeting OWASP standards
· Experience working in a continuous integration and deployment development environment.
· Experience practicing Scrum/Kanban and ability to adapt to Scrum values.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Works effectively & independently in a dynamic team environment.
· Proven time management, organizational and follow-up skills to meet deadlines.
· Quality-orientation with passion for customer satisfaction.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Demonstrated initiative to learn & experiment with new technologies and processes.
· Strong work ethic and professionalism.
BS in Computer Science, or STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or equivalent work experience.
Sphera is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.