Senior Manager Programmer (Cloud)
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
We are looking for an individual to manage a team of experienced engineers that are driving the company’s latest and greatest cloud application platforms. This person will work as a part of the Enterprise Architectre leadership to build highly energized and efficient teams to drive and evolve technology solutions enabling the development community at Discover.
Responsible for the application ownership, development delivery, and support for value streams. Manages a team including hiring, directing, mentoring, and assigning work.
- Establish and set an open and collaborative culture within the team
- Identify the team’s hiring needs and builds a team of diverse and energized individuals
- Coaches and mentors team members. Supports individuals to achieve their individual development goals. Utilizes Agile and Lean practices to identify and solve systemic issues.
- Seeks out systemic issues as well as team challenges and drives resolution acorss a diverse number of dimensions related to the team’s delivery and support processes
- Operational accountability for solutions, working with the team to identify and close gaps in solution and process working and aligning with enterprise change and support processes
- Consults with management in the analysis of short- and long-range business requirements and recommends innovations.
- Utilizes tools to support data-driven decision making. Identifies and removes blockers to enable the team to meet business goals.
- Manages software ownership and development from initial concept through continuous improvement.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 2+ years of experience in supervising
- 8+ years of experience in Application Development
If we had our say, we’d also look for
- Basic/Good understanding of leading technologies and concepts related to cloud technologies: Jenkins, Github, Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, Docker, languages: java, python, node, High availability strategies
- Ability to see long term vision, impacts and identify short term actions that enable the team to achieve goals
- Background in Agile/ Scrum Master
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
And by the way, while you’re waiting to hear from us, don’t forget to check out the great benefits Discover offers.
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.