Senior Front End Engineer
ActiveCampaign is one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago revolutionizing marketing automation. Our software allows all of our users, the power to make smarter business decisions based on data-driven analytics.
At ActiveCampaign product is at our core and drives our business, and we’re looking for self-motivated Senior Front End Engineers who are focused on building high-quality experiences in the browser that are as performant as they are delightful for our customers. Ideally, you have architected, built and tested complex, multi-view applications using a modern JS framework like Ember, Angular, React or Vue. You are also an expert at writing semantic markup, maintainable styles, and working with APIs. Above all, we value iteration, customer focus, and humility.
We believe front-end development is closely related to design, helping bring life to the product from a visual and interaction layer, and ultimately helping people solve their problems while bringing delight to their everyday lives. We also believe a well executed development process touches every part of the product, from accessibility to conversion, and everywhere in-between.
If you believe the same, we should chat!
What your day could consist of:
- Working on a cross-functional team to build and improve ActiveCampaign’s approach to front-end engineering
- Providing leadership for ActiveCampaign’s front-end architecture and development decisions as we design and build new features and advanced capabilities
- Optimizing systems to improve stability, performance, and scalability
- Producing quality, tested code, and helping define coding standards and best practices
- Staying informed on industry activity and advocating for new patterns or approaches when and where appropriate
- Mentoring and helping grow fellow engineers
- Participating in external industry events and collaborations
What is needed:
- Extensive and proven experience building UI and UX that quantifiably improve products
- Extensive and proven experience building scalable applications using a modern JS framework like Ember, Vue, Angular or React, TypeScript, APIs, and Markup
- Experience with writing automated tests and the practical application of TDD principles
- An ability to work with other technical leads to ensure alignment with broader standards and best practices
- Discipline to lead by example in delivering high-quality solutions that scale and adhere to best practices defined by design and engineering
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and welfare benefits including no premiums for employees, open vacation plan, generous 401(k) matching, free lunch and endless snacks and beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.
Read Full Job Description