Senior Front End Engineer
At its best, local government is a unifying force with the power to dramatically improve lives. Govtech-company CityBase is helping smart people build intelligent government, working with cities, counties, utilities, and states to create a place as dynamic as the people who live in it, work in it, and contribute to it. Accessible and responsive, adaptive and efficient, our cloud-based platform is digitizing the city-hall experience and impacting constituents nationwide.
Interested in joining our team of 60-plus innovators at our Chicago headquarters? Check out our current job listings.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an experienced Frontend engineer to join a team that utilizes ReactJS, Redux, ES2015+ as well as an increasing usage of functional frontend libraries like RamdaJS. Our Frontend engineering team works closely with designers and business stakeholders to create exceptional user interfaces for both public facing and internal web apps. As a company we believe that functional programming improves the developer experience, increases code testability, reduces bugs, and increases productivity. As part of an agile, highly capable development team, you will work with our product team to define and implement the future of GovTech using the latest front end stacks.
- Development of architecture roadmap of CityBase's web platform
- Build a reliable and performant web platform
- Identify and implement development best practices, including Design and Code Reviews, Unit Tests and Test Automation
- Instill a culture of outside-of-the-box thinking, exploration, innovation and problem solving within the team
- Work closely and collaboratively with a small, multi-disciplined agile team
- Help make CityBase an emerging leader in GovTech
- Extensive experience working in an agile software development environment
- Strong knowledge of ReactJS / Redux ecosystem
- Strong knowledge of JS frameworks and libraries including Jest, Enzyme, Webpack, Storybook
- Strong knowledge of HTML, JS and CSS
- Desire to make very performant web apps
- Familiarity with server-side frameworks like Phoenix and Ruby on Rails
- Awareness of browsers’ compatibility issues and performance implications
- Development leadership experience - demonstrated leadership of software engineering teams.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Nice to Haves:
- PostCSS, CSS Modules, CSS-in-JS
- Phoenix / Elixir
- Ruby on Rails