Senior Automation Engineer
The Sr. Automation Engineer is a role working in the Solution Delivery Architecture and Build team. The team is responsible for the post sales design and implementation of client solutions for Ensono platforms. The Sr. Automation Engineer will be working as part of a global team supporting the Solution Delivery Architects and Global Build Engineers.
Reporting to the Director of the Solution Delivery Architecture and Build team, you will be responsible for automation projects during the implementation phase. The automation projects include building automation packages designed to successfully onboard new clients and perform migration into Ensono tooling and platforms as well as standardize and automate server builds for future growth. The role will be dedicated to focus on automation initiatives for the team and learning business process and product enablement into Ensono management systems.
- Be an integral part of the Solution Delivery Architecture and Build team bringing significant advances and skillsets to the organization.
- Fully functional and self-directed
- Ability to multi-task, plan and prioritize tasks and projects.
- Develop customized vRealize Automation jobs for client specific migrations onto Ensono VMware solutions
- Develop and leverage automation for common delivery tasks being performed as custom tasks today
- Analyze client build templates for conversion to meet Ensono standards using automation
- Create ansible playbooks for common tasks as identified by the delivery teams
- Provide training and documentation to the build teams to execute and leverage new automation written.
- Perform and assist in evaluation / assessments of new or updated technology components, driven from both Client and internal requirements
- Work with Product Management and Operational teams to drive development standards and integration with existing automation practices at Ensono.
- Act as an escalation point for migration execution and automation delivery for developed platforms
- Architectural level experience (ideally with experience of design, deploy and operations of IT infrastructure)
- Highly experienced with the suite of VMware Virtualisation, Management, Monitoring and Automation products
- VMware vSphere
- VMware NSX
- VMware vRealize Automation
- VMware vRealize Orchestrator
- VMware vRealize LogInsight
- VMware Operations Manager
- VMware vCloud Director
- Experience with Ansible. Ansible Tower experience would be desired.
- Familiarity with Git for source code control (Github/Gitlab/BitBucket)
- Breadth of knowledge of infrastructure technologies (Networking, Servers & Storage)
- Knowledge of scripting languages common in infrastructure automation / experience with any of below
- PowerShell / BASH
- Ansible Playbook
- Experience with automating infrastructure deployment
- OS automation skills on Windows and Linux platforms
- Familiar with HP & Dell hardware
- Excellent Troubleshooting and Analytical skills
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Ability to reliably transfer knowledge within your field of expertise
- Able to communicate and work effectively in a team and across multi-functional teams
- Demonstrate Customer-Centric Mindset
- Understanding of agile and other development process and methodologies
Primary Location City/State:
Downers Grove, IL - Finley, Illinois
Additional Locations (if applicable):
Ensono is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Ensono provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.