Security Engineering Lead
Coinbase stores more digital currency than any company in the world, making us a tier 1 target on the internet. Given breaches are the number one cause of death amongst digital currency companies, security is core to our mission and has been a key competitive differentiator for us as we scale. As the Security Engineering Lead, you will be responsible for building out the Security Engineering program and team for Coinbase. You will develop and foster partnerships with key business groups to ensure that we're delivering the right tools and services to the right people at the right time.
- Build/deploy/maintain security-critical services
- Partner with product teams on security-critical projects
- Grow and mature the Coinbase Security Engineering program and team
- Developing measurable metrics to show growth in capabilities
- Champion Security within the organization
- Significant experience as an engineering leader
- Strong foundation in security topics such as Cryptography, Authentication/Authorization, etc
- Proficient in a modern high level language (Python, Ruby, Node, Go, etc.)
- Strong understanding of AWS services and architectures
In case you are wondering what technologies we use at Coinbase, we're built using a combination of Ruby, Node.js, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, Swift (for iOS), and Java (for Android). Prior experience with these exact languages/technologies is not required.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.