What We Do
Uptake helps industrial companies digitally transform with open, purpose-built software that delivers outcomes that matter. Built on a foundation of data science and machine learning, our vision is to create a world that always works — one where the machines and equipment we depend on daily don’t break, and industrial companies are once again the creators of economic growth and opportunity.
What You'll Do:
The Security Engineer is responsible for keeping the organization safe by making security operations more effective through technology and processes.
Some of the things you may find yourself doing:
- Review proposed solutions and identify risks
- Research, design and support implementation of security toolsets
- Understand and identify security risks and possible threats in large and or complex network environments
- Work in security operations on implementing and managing security solutions
- Simplify complex changes into clear communications to educate non-security and non-technical team members
- 3-6 years as a technical security practitioner/security architect
- Strong interpersonal skills and expert team player with demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships
- Ability to effectively execute and drive cross functional teams in a fast-paced startup environment
- Strong networking and Unix/Linux skills
- Understanding of automation procedures and using tools such as Chef, Terraform, Ansible, etc.
- Understanding of application, database and operating systems security
- Experience with hands on administration of network devices, systems and/or security devices
- Familiarity with regulated environments and related standards (ISO 27001/2, NIST, FEDRAMP, HIPAA, PCI/DSS, Sarbanes Oxley)
- Experience with network and endpoint based security tools
- University/College Degree
- Experience in pentesting Networks and Applications
- Experience with SAST solutions
- Experience in managing Bug Bounty programs
- Hands-on Microsoft Azure experience or other cloud computing platforms
- Active member of the information security community
Why Work Here:
Uptake is a values-driven organization, and we are excited about what we do. We’re flexible, honest, hardworking, and collaborative. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences together to solve tough, important problems. We support and challenge one another to bring out the best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way. We’re also proud to be one of Chicago’s best places to work in 2018 according to Forbes and Great Place to Work Institute.We offer generous benefits including health, dental, vision, parental leave, 401K match, and unlimited vacation. We are lifelong learners, and our Uptake University program offers training and professional development on a wide variety of topics. We also have employee-led community groups including [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], and many more. Learn more at https://www.uptake.com/careers.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Uptake welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.