We are pleased to announce an exciting and challenging position on the Global Information Security Team. We are looking for a talented and dedicated individual to deliver technical security designs and solutions across the whole of the WBA estate and primarily focused on the Wholesale & Retail Divisions of the business. You will be part of a Global team and as such you will work collaboratively with key business customers, Boots IT colleagues and the wider Walgreens Boots Alliance group, delivering the most value out of WBA’s IT investment and ensuring security by design. As a member of the Global Information Security Team you will contribute to leading-edge solutions to ensure delivery in a secure manner.
You will be part of a conscientious, efficient, sociable team, and as a key member of IT Global Security that drives the continued protection and success of the company’s future.
- Creates design documents that ensure consistency in development across the IT/Engineering organization. Participates in the definition of IT/Engineering architecture to ensure that the IT/Engineering organization’s solutions are built within a consistent framework.
- Participates in the decision-making processes related to the selection of software architecture solutions.
- Serves as a technical and business-savvy resource to software development engineering personnel on a range of software design issues.
- Implements and improves core software infrastructure. Participates in improving software development lifecycle, technical operations and technology innovation.
- Participates in developing technical / business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools.
- Shares complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology / business solutions.
- Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur.
- May perform systems and applications performance characterization and trade-off studies through analysis and simulation.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
External Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 5 years of experience in an IT, Engineering and/or Architect role OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 8 years of experience in an IT, Engineering and/or Architect role.
- At least 3 years of leadership experience in server side or client side technologies.
- Experience in domain-specific architecture concepts and emerging technologies. (Design patterns, frameworks, current Java based solutions, mobile, OR Infrastructure Administration OR Data Sciences).
- At least 1 year of experience in domain-specific Architecture.
- Experience working with matrix teams including teams in different time zones.
- Experience creating and promoting guiding development principles and influencing development teams, business users and management in adoption of technical solutions.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Formal Degree with extensive experience in Information Security and IT designing and implementing enterprise solutions recommended
- Available to work on call during weekends, evenings and holidays
- Experience in translating technical data into business impact information and experience in analyzing and troubleshooting IT security technologies
- Experience managing multiple tasks/projects simultaneously and meeting established deadlines.
- Experience with security technologies such as, application security, cloud security, containerization, data leakage prevention, encryption techniques, identity and access management, mobile security, network security, and virtualization security.
- Experience writing security standards, architecture documents, and baselines for infrastructure and applications.
- Experience communicating conceptual and technical information both verbally (on phone, one-on-one, to groups) and in writing (emails, letters, reports, presentations) to various audiences (work group, team, senior leadership, external clients)
Our Ideal Candidate
We are seeking a dynamic, driven and resourceful person, who has a proven track of dealing with Security Solutions and Projects, across a range of technologies, with the passion and energy to continue to build their skills and experience at WBA.
You will need to be able to lead and inspire diverse teams of people and manage stakeholders across the business. You will be a self-starter and have a strong background in Information Security. The role represents a fantastic opportunity for an individual to further their career and make an impact to the organization.
What’s in it for you?
This is a great opportunity for a person to work in a fast-moving team that are driving change forward, working with new cutting-edge tools and systems. In addition, we will support you to develop your knowledge and professional experience.