Salesforce Engineering Manager
Braintree lets you move money from one place to another safely and securely. Every time you pay for an Uber ride, book a stay through Airbnb, or pay with PayPal when you check out online, you’re probably using our product. It sounds complex (and it is), but we make it so simple you can’t tell we’re there.
We solve world-scale problems and provide opportunities to match. We build diverse teams that recognize our strengths and allow us to work on our weaknesses. You bring skills and a relentless focus on the customer, and we'll provide the support you need to do the best work of your life.
Check us out: GitHub | Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | The Muse | Glassdoor
The Engineering Team:
We’re a team of developers and administrators who are passionate about their craft and excited to build solutions for Braintree’s unique Salesforce environment.
We work with different technologies, integrations, and business units to develop creative solutions to complex problems. We believe in using the right tool for the job, whether that’s Apex, workflows, web services, or something else. Here’s more:
- Communication is key to our process, and we don't want to hinder it with walls. Many teams program in pairs, which means you always have another set of eyes to help you.
- We practice test-driven development and believe that it helps us deliver simple solutions focused on real customer needs. We have no QA department -- developers test, release and monitor their own code.
- We keep the team in sync with daily stand-ups and have regular retrospectives to discuss things that are going well and opportunities for improvements.
- We value unique perspectives brought by diverse backgrounds and experiences. A broad range of ideas and perspectives help us to create the best possible product.
- Lead the design, implementation and maintenance of many internal tools across Braintree, particularly those using Salesforce
- Work closely with engineers, administrators, product managers and stakeholders to define requirements and deliverables
- Help engineers and administrators create and manage a career path
- Build a deep understanding of how our products work and are built. You might not spend much time coding day-to-day, but you’ll need to fully understand the team’s code and architecture
You might be a fit if:
- You thrive when given broad autonomy and latitude
- You’ve led successful engineering teams in the past, either as a manager or as a lead engineer
- You’re excited to help engineers and administrators grow, learn new skills, and advance their careers
- You’ve mastered the Salesforce platform and are excited to use its unique capabilities at Braintree
- You express yourself clearly both face to face and in writing
- Open dev days: every two weeks we spend a day working on projects that interest us and help us expand our skills and knowledge
- Product conferences: we support our team members participating in the development community and help cover travel and attendance costs for product conferences
- Check out our Careers page for more company perks
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply. You can also check out our FAQ!