Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
The Strategic Technology Team’s role is to enable Arity with the right technologies to succeed in the future, today. As part of the Operational Excellence Team, we explore, enhance, manage, and secure the platforms, tools, and technologies used at Arity.
The Salesforce Administrator/Developer maintains responsibility for successful delivery of projects utilizing vended software (Salesforce) by applying knowledge of the application’s functionality and internal business requirements, as well as knowledge of “clicks and code”, throughout the software development lifecycle. Providing expertise across the business functions in their areas of responsibility, the Salesforce Administrator/Developer analyzes requirements, provides solutions for business requirements, configures and makes solutions operational, and maintains/enhances the application and reporting.
• Provide Salesforce application expertise for multiple areas of the business, serving as an application subject matter authority
• Maintain awareness of vendor features and suggests uses or improvements to business; accountable for analyzing and evaluating options for leveraging standard features and customer-specific customization
• Recommend technology solutions and applications to meet business requirements; use knowledge of integrated requirements to evaluate proposed enhancements/projects
• Be a “Champion” for the Salesforce platform, seeking ways to maximize utility and value for Arity
• Support the planning, execution, review, testing, and documentation of projects
• Assist with overall project planning by contributing to/creating project definition documents
• Understand the technical details and functions within Salesforce and across other integrated applications
• Partner across multiple areas of the business and across multiple projects to ensure new/revised business and functional requirements are defined and documented, and solutions align and integrate with current and proposed functionality (which may require guiding and influencing project and client leadership where needed to determine the optimal outcomes)
• Organize, lead, and finalize design review sessions for business and functional requirements; document resulting decisions
• Configure and make operational Salesforce software through “clicks and code”
• Ensure that all features are appropriately documented and components integrate with existing processes and functionality
• Partner with (and lead where applicable) strategic vendors and software providers as needed to complete project deliverables
• Consult with appropriate groups concerning user training and documentation requirements in accordance with the project schedule
• Support new or existing enterprise wide and business unit applications that are integrated or stand alone with Salesforce
• Utilize vendor support tools to obtain resolution to software defects and errors; maintain awareness of vendor error defect resolution processes and support tools
• Interact with software representatives to obtain awareness of release schedules and available functionality
• Interact and consult with business unit stakeholders to develop, improve, enhance reports and reporting
- College Degree
- 3-5 years of related work experience
- Demonstrated ability to administer and configure enterprise-class packaged solutions (SAP or other Enterprise Resource Planning application) preferred but not required
Heads up: when you click “apply now” you’ll be directed to the Allstate careers site. You’re still looking at an Arity job, but because we were founded by Allstate, we share the same application system.