Job Description Summary
CCCIS is looking for a Super Salesforce Admin to Learn Salesforce CPQ.
This is a hands-on resource that has familiarity with all aspects of Salesforce, including the technical requirements, system configuration, user requirements, and all related policies and procedures.
The Salesforce CPQ Admin will execute all configuration changes and will proactively monitor the system configuration and controls. This role will require the individual to learn Salesforce CPQ on the job and support those functions in the future.
- Understands all aspects of Salesforce configuration (technical and functional) for Sales Cloud
- Collaborates with the Salesforce users to support them in their role and provide information and training on new features and functionality.
- Collaborates with the Salesforce Business Owner(s), IT systems leadership, CRM Steering Committee and other stakeholders to ensure functionality meets field needs and to develop ongoing project plan
- Maintains high-level familiarity with other IT system /business application capabilities and scope definition in order to make recommendations about potential upstream/downstream integration or functionality intersection points.
- Monitors inbound support requests, assigning accordingly and completing promptly; identifies and implements new ways to automate common/repeated scenarios
- Regularly audits data to uncover data integrity issues and/or opportunities for process improvement
- Performs mass data imports using the API or import tools as requested
- Manages and implements customization requests, including creating workflow triggers, workflow alerts, automated email responses, etc.
- Modifying the sharing model as required
- Creating and managing email and mail merge templates
- Importing and updating campaign data and creating/modifying Lead Assignment Rules
- Executes all assigned configuration changes
- Able to execute test plans to ensure a quality solution is delivered
- Participates in formal governance and change/release management processes
- Develops ad-hoc reports as requested by user groups or stakeholders, performs analysis on data as require
- Manages all security settings and conduct regular security/configuration audits accounts/contacts/opportunities for deactivated users
- Future CPQ Goals:
- Obtain depth knowledge and configuration of Product setup, Product Options, Product configuration & rules, Pricing, Discounting and Quote templates in Salesforce CPQ
- Performs new CPQ release evaluations with Business Owner & executes new functionality roll-outs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key accountabilities of the job required
- 3+ years Salesforce Administrator
- Salesforce Certified Administrator (ADM201)
- Salesforce CPQ experience, preferably in an administrator role (with configuration and DocuSign integration experience) would be a huge plus!
- Fluency in core CRM concepts with a strong analytical mindset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
- Self-motivated with critical attention to details, deadlines and reporting
- Strong knowledge of AGILE/SCRUM Processes
Why Choose CCC:
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs, competitive medical benefit offerings
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, Perkspot/employee discount program and potentially flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
Please Note: Contingent Workers, Field Inventory Representatives and Interns are not eligible for the benefits above.
CCC Information Services was recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-Sized Employers in 2018 and ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago.
CCC is ready to help you shift your career into high gear. Let's get started!