Here @ Strata…
We are committed to our mission to help heal healthcare. Our unique culture is driven by a social, hardworking environment full of talented people solving problems together. We embrace learning, cross-team collaboration, and continuous career growth. Lifting each other to lift our clients, our product, our company. If being part of a fun, fast-moving, innovative team is what you seek? Keep reading.
We look for someone who:
- Is Service-Centric: Someone who desires to make an impact in and outside of our office. We look for service minded people to support our customers, each other and our community.
- Has a Growth Mindset: Driven to own your individual learning and development (We’ll help you - we have a team dedicated to training you and providing extra educational resources).
- Rocks Impact: Thinks two steps ahead to ensure the work we do will solve problems and make a difference.
- Will be a StrataPro: Accountable. Prepared. Positive. Core to who we are and how we treat one another.
What you’ll do in this role:
As Salesforce Administrator, you will be responsible for the maintenance and development of the Salesforce org at Strata Decision Technology. This includes a strong emphasis on collaborating with various teams to translate business requirements into Salesforce.com features, functionality, and processes. Responsibilities will include:
- Creating and customizing Salesforce objects, workflows, page layouts, fields, validation rules, and more, all while employing Salesforce and Strata best practices
- Drive end-user adoption by assisting in day-to-day Salesforce CRM support for over 200 users, including the management of system upgrades, releases, and change control processes.
- Respond to issues, change requests, and other administrative needs of Salesforce.com end users.
- Gather business requirements and translate them into Salesforce changes and enhancements.
- Develop system documentation and SFDC policies/procedures.
- Train users on system functionality and new features.
- Create and maintain reports and dashboards.
- Drive CRM roadmap and enhancements to ensure they meet the strategic goals of the business.
- Maintain data quality by identifying, deleting or merging duplicate records, cleansing and updating inaccurate data.
- Maintain sandbox environments used for testing and training.
- Assist in the implementation of security practices by monitoring login and user activity, auditing fields, profile access, security permissions and de-activating unneeded user accounts.
- Complete regular internal audits of system.
- Work closely with Operations and Finance teams to ensure speedy and accurate month-end close processes.
- Continuously improve Salesforce.com skills through professional development.
Your accomplishments include:
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience with Salesforce.com required
- Salesforce Certified Administrator or App Builder preferred
- Knowledge of Salesforce programming languages such as Apex and Visualforce
- Proven ability to examine processes, identify and implement efficiencies
- Comfortable with complementary tools and add-ins: Apex Data Loader, TaskRay, Gainsight, Service Cloud, Community Cloud, Einstein/Wave Analytics, Pardot, Data.com, Drawloop, etc.
- NetSuite ERP experience helpful
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.