RPA Senior Software Engineer
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Senior Software Engineer
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. Were all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Our Robotic Process Automation Technologies team is hiring a Senior Software Engineer to help play a critical role in Discovers automation journey. As part of the newly created RPA Technologies team, you will focus on solving Discovers most critical, cross-functional challenges with a goal of pushing the status quo and maximizing the use of RPA in solutions.
This individual will be a key member on a Business Technology (BT) team, which falls within BTs Application Development organization. Our team plays a critical role in the large scale roll out of a new, enterprise-wide Robotic Process Automation (RPA) service offering. Working alongside a Center of Excellence team made up of BT and Lean experts, you will help support, integrate, and configure RPA processes with the goal of maximizing return on investment (ROI). You will perform system analysis and participate in a wide range of discussions focused on building, and supporting our RPA capabilities. You will have the opportunity to work in an innovative, highly visible, and diverse environment, working together with the team and our business partners to rapidly respond to challenges in the process improvement and automation environments.
The ideal candidate should have strong understanding of how to implement and support vendor applications in a multi-tier environment and will have hands-on experience deploying and supporting off-the shelf application packages. Experience with Windows based application systems is a plus. Each member of the team is expected to be nimble, responding quickly and autonomously to ambiguity or requirements changes. If youre looking for an opportunity to help deliver strategic, sustainable technical solutions quickly, then this may be the role for you!
Given the teams role in interfacing with many areas of the organization, team members must foster good working relationships with business and IT peers to ensure the team meets its objectives. All members of the team should possess good organization skills with the ability to exercise discretion when escalating, and be adept at creatively solving issues independently.
Researches, designs, develops and tests operating systems-level software, compilers and network distribution software for medical, industrial, military, communications, aerospace, business, scientific and general computing applications. Set operational specifications and formulate and analyze software requirements. Designs embedded systems software. Applies principles and techniques of computer science, engineering and mathematical analysis.
- Directs software programming and development of documentation.
- Consults with customers or other departments on project status, proposals or technical issues, such as software system design or maintenance.
- Modifies existing software to correct errors, to adapt it to new hardware or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance.
- Analyzes information to determine, recommend and plan installation of a new system or modification of an existing system.
- Develops or directs software system testing or validation procedures.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, MIS or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Application Software Development or related experience
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Applications Software Development or related experience
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Experience working with vendor software in a multi-tier environment and a good understanding of how to integrate such systems
- Strong analysis, problem solving, networking, and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience delivering complex solutions in pressure situations
- Experience with Robotic Process Automation platforms and concepts
- Experience supporting Windows based application systems
- Process mapping or flow chart creation experience
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!