The Team: Fueling the technologies that drive our products and support our company's infrastructure, the Technology team consists of talented developers, network architects, and IT experts who help make technology one of Morningstar’s core strengths. Though our technologists represent a range of skills and knowledge bases, they all view technology as a craft and care deeply about creating positive user experiences. From Agile methodologies to mobile applications, to software as a service (SaaS) delivered from our private cloud, we push technology's boundaries to build scalable, elegant solutions that help investors reach their financial goals.
The Role: In this role, you will lead quality assurance for the Data software group. An ideal candidate will be a self-starter with minimum of 5 years of experience working in software development and who understands business goals to create scalable, flexible technical testing frameworks that evaluate the product’s ability to meet these goals. This role will provide technical direction and oversight of test automation and ensure modern software testing practices are being applied with rigor equally and consistently across the products and functional teams. We look for candidate who possesses the ability to motivate the team and to cultivate a culture of high energy to help achieving software engineering excellence. This is position is based in our Chicago office.
- Manages a team of 5+ manual and automation test engineers globally.
- Supervises the QA team members to follow strict quality assurance principles and use various and appropriate testing strategies throughout the software development cycle
- Drives improvements on data quality with focus on data collection and ETL processes
- Directs, plans, and oversees automation team to plan and implement test automation requirements and ensures the creation of quality automation test strategies for functional and non-functional testing
- Performs risk assessment on application and product quality upon release and/or when needed
- Coordinates with product managers, project managers, technical managers, Network/IT and Operations
- Advocates and drives for both process quality as well as product quality with all stakeholders of the product development teams
- Builds and cultivates Quality team through solid hiring process, continuous improvement of current members, and solid performance management
- Prepares quality metrics documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends in software development and production
- 5+ years of software quality assurance leadership and management experience
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills. Experience managing distributed teams.
- In depth working understanding of Agile principles.
- Solid experience working with modern test automation technologies such as Selenium/Webdriver, TestNG, Junit, CI, ReadyAPI, RestAssured.
- Knowledge or exposure to testing strategy planning around cloud computing and risk-based testing
- Able to demonstrate prior experience with quantitative skills and software quality metrics
- Manages, supervises, and mentors QA Team members in onsite and offshore locations.
- Experience with IT industry standard tools for defect tracking, test case management, automation, source code control, and various website tracking and monitoring tools.
- Financial and investing knowledge is a big plus
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related fields is required.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
002_MIMLLC Morningstar Investment Management LLC Legal Entity