Delivering one-of-a-kind cloud technology, accompanied by award winning customer service, Paylocity is a software development company in a category of its own. We are a publicly traded company that offers an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) which enables employees to share in the long-term growth and future success of the company.
Poised to revolutionize the world of human capital management for hundreds of thousands of small and medium sized businesses, we are seeking the best and the brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions – enabling our customers to better develop their employees and supervisors.
Our lean development process enables our small product oriented teams to innovate, collaborate and bring amazing features to market.
Our talent anywhere philosophy nurtures a diverse and dynamic group of colleagues with a shared mission to make great products and have fun doing it.
The QA Engineer is an integral role in our Technology organization. This person will be responsible for contributing to product success through testing, identifying and writing automated test cases, analyzing requirements, creating test plans and tracking issues. He/she will work side by side with developers to contribute on improving overall software quality and providing recommendations for improvement opportunities.
Choose your own adventure! Whether you like wielding swords, casting magic, or firing arrows, you will be given a unique opportunity here at Paylocity to be a co-creator on one of our many product development teams with epic opportunities to learn, grow, and take on any challenge that you wish.
Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Who you are:
• At ease working at all levels of the organization
• Relentlessly curious about current market and technology trends, able to adapt accordingly.
• Passionate about automation
• A superior communicator with a penchant for quality
• Unflinching in your desire for production stability and client satisfaction
How we work:
• Small, self-sufficient product-oriented teams with an entrepreneurial spirit organized into categories.
• Dedicated IT Operations experts committed to cutting-edge infrastructure and developer tools.
• We don’t add more folks to our teams, we add additional teams to scale.
• Casual, collaborative, agile environment which embraces and operates under our shared principles.
• Complete transparency with open, honest discussions about our progress.
• Close working relationship between executive stakeholders and product teams.
What we offer:
• Lean enabling process that focuses on putting our product teams in the best position to succeed.
• A commitment to investing in our products, hiring the best talent, and giving them.
• The chance to meaningfully contribute to a vast market opportunity.
• Annual training allowance plus a subscription to Pluralsight for all technology colleagues.
• Demonstrated experience building a test with at least one automated testing framework
• Working knowledge of any .Net programming language (C#, VB…)
• Working knowledge of SQL
• Experience testing consumer facing web applications
• Deep knowledge of QA best practices in an agile environment
During the last three months, you would have:
• Worked with Software Engineers and Product Owners to implement quality into new features at all stages of a SDLC
• Crafted plans to test features that help shape how quality is brought in early on in the development process
• Solved complicated testing issues
• Engineered automated testing leveraging internally designed frameworks, with freedom to provide insight and new ideas to those frameworks
• Embarked on new adventures to learn new testing techniques, technologies, or even programming languages!
• Diligently hacked software by executing both manual and automated tests with intent to break all the things.
• Analyzed new features for potential for potential risk r unrealized business logic shortcomings
• Glassdoor's Employees Choice Award in 2014
• 7-time Winner on Chicago Area's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For
• Inc Magazine listed Paylocity as an Inc 5000 Fastest Growing Privately Held Firm from 2007-2013
• Ranked #14 on Built in Chicago Top 100 Digital Companies for 2014
• Ranked #24 on Forbes 2013 List of Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago
• Ranked #38 on Crain's Fast Fifty List of Chicago's Fastest Growing Companies in 2014
• Ranked #334 on Deloitte's 2014 Technology Fast 500 List of Fastest Growing Companies in North America