QA Engineer I
Is spotting errors and finding flaws something you enjoy doing? Would you like to work in a dynamic and innovative work environment? If you said ‘YES’, check out the details below and apply now.
VelocityEHS Software QA Engineers test functionality that allow all customers (whether internal or external) to do their jobs with ease. They do so by architecting test strategies for validation of functionality based on requirements. We're looking for new or experienced QA professionals to help make sure our web-based solutions are delivered with exceptional quality. In this role, you will have a range of responsibilities which will provide you the opportunity to grow professionally. We have a results-oriented culture that demands teamwork and follow-through.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARENT LIMITED TO:
Key tasks and responsibilities of the QA Engineer include, but aren’t limited to:
- All new product testing, ongoing post release product testing and trouble shooting.
- Conduct quality assurance testing and analysis within a team setting or independently to ensure systems function properly and according to business standards and end-user requirements.
- Develop and execute test plans, test cases and other documents needed for testing.
- Desire to contribute and become a subject matter expert.
- Provide routine status reports and metrics on assigned projects.
- Report any issues or risks that may impact the delivery of a release.
- Using internal applications for documenting and tracking ongoing product issues.
- Assist in reviewing product documentation for accuracy.
- Assist in creating and maintaining User Guides, Product Help, and Release Notes.
REQUIRED SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Minimal Skills & Qualifications:
- 6 months to 3 years of software testing experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience multi-tasking, prioritizing, and managing time effectively.
- Experience working effectively as part of a team or independently.
- Availability to work late on release nights.
- Availability to work on occasional weekends.
- Willing and able to occasionally work extended hours to meet deadlines and goals.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Preferably Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Equivalent work experience.
- Experience learning new software products quickly.
- Experience with MS Office; advanced Excel.
- Enjoys detailed work, where analytical and critical thinking skills are used to identify and/or validate defects.
- Working knowledge of Web testing.
- Working knowledge of Mobile App testing.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft’s Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Working knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Working knowledge of SQL.
At VelocityEHS we’re all about helping companies around the world promote a safer work environment for their employees. We develop innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions that enable our customers, environmental health and safety (EHS) professionals in a wide range of industries, to work faster and more cost-effectively in administering their overall safety compliance programs.
Headquartered in the heart of downtown Chicago, VelocityEHS is much more than just a place to work. VelocityEHS has cultivated a unique environment where success is both a journey and an everyday occurrence. We work hard and play hard because we love what we do. We place a high value on teamwork, and at the same time, look for individuals who are self-motivated and willing to take risk to help the company advance.