Principal Software Engineer
Showpad is the leading sales enablement platform for the modern seller. Showpad’s all-in-one platform empowers sales and marketing teams to engage buyers through industry-leading training and coaching software and innovative sales content and engagement solutions.
At Showpad, personalities and cultures connect across oceans to create something extraordinary. As a top 10 software company in the Inc. 5,000 Europe list, Showpad is changing the game when it comes to sales enablement. Our employees create the engagement and impact that drives our success as we expand globally.
In the morning, we’re drinking San Francisco cold brew coffee with a side of Portland doughnuts – English scones for afternoon tea, and in the evening we’re toasting success with Belgian tripel Westmalle to a Chicago house tune.
About the position
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will shape the future of the Showpad product by maintaining the core functionalities and API's of the Showpad platform. Rather than a monolithic environment, you will contribute to teams developing an ecosystem of services. Your decisions will not only have an impact on the way we build our product in a test-driven environment but also on the end-user experience of all our customers. You are a strong individual contributor who is committed to improving the technical craft of your colleagues and designing quality code from the start.
Key responsibilities as a Principal Software Engineer at Showpad
- Design, analyze and execute architectural improvements
- Work in a cross functional manner to help support efforts from multiple engineering teams
- Conduct research and development by experimenting with and implementing the latest technologies in one of the most faced-paced areas in software engineering
- Be a role model for all parts of the software engineering discipline, from design, development, validation and delivery
- Function as a strong individual contributor while mentoring other engineers to deliver quality and reliable code
- Serve as a strong technical counterpart for Engineering Leads in determining capabilities, priority and functionality of software
- Have lots of fun with your passionate developer colleagues
Skills and Qualifications we are looking for
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in writing software
- Experience mentoring engineers at different stages of their careers in the craft of software engineering
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders and software teams simultaneously
- Strong experience designing and implementing scalable architecture across teams
- Strong understanding and experience in build tools like gulp/webpack
- Experience in working with Python, Java, Scala or other back-end languages
- Strong experience of version control with Gitlab and/or Github
- Experience with using CD/CI
- Understanding of TDD, Unit tests and functional tests
- Solid comprehension of HTTP/x and the full web technology stack
- Understanding of asynchronous communication via queues (e.g. RabbitMQ)
- The ability to learn new technology in a short amount of time and prototype new technologies, design patterns and architectures
- Experience with Docker
- Experience in working with the cloud environment (AWS/GCP/AZURE)
- Ability to share the knowledge with the team and mentor engineers at all levels
- The desire to grow yourself, your team, the Showpad product and the company
What you can expect from Showpad
Focus on Impact and Growth
We are building the future in sales and marketing where every sales person is successful. As an international scale-up, we aim for yearly double digit growth that opens many opportunities. We want people who thrive in a fast-paced, performance-driven company, who are not afraid to stretch themselves in a fun environment, and focus on impact and grow.