project44 is revolutionizing the freight and logistics industry by applying cutting edge technologies to automate the entire lifecycle of freight shipments including quoting, scheduling, and real-time visibility. project44’s network of APIs is capable of optimizing the shipment lifecycle, empowering companies to deliver the best customer experience possible, and provide up to date data while cutting costs along the way.
In an industry first, we are integrating with all freight carriers so that our customers can rapidly obtain quotes and dispatch shipments, which today is a manual process. We need your help building out the APIs and tooling to streamline the freight carrier integrations. We are looking for someone comfortable working in a DevOps team, where you will help design scalable systems not just at the code level, but down to the cloud infrastructure and networking levels.
This is a leadership role and we are looking for someone who will bring dedication and passion. The ideal candidate will mentor junior developers, distill product requirements into simple solutions and thrive in a fast paced Agile environment.
- Be a strong advocate for best design practices.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and spearhead changes.
- Lead efforts to design and implement new systems including infrastructure to support continuous deployment.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field
- 10+ years of experience in Software Engineering (software design, architecture, implementation, deployment, and support)
- 4+ years of development in Java
- Thorough understanding of software development process, automation, and testing
- Extensive knowledge of cloud enterprise software development
- Fluent on topics of networking, transport protocols, security, and monitoring
- Experience in application profiling, performance monitoring, concurrent systems, JVM garbage collectors and heap management
- Strong experience with various types of relational/NoSQL databases
Tools We Work With
- Ansible for configuration management and remote orchestration
- Linux (Ubuntu), Tomcat, Nginx, Spring Boot
- Kafka, Zookeeper, ELK stack, Aurelia
- Postgres, Redis, DynamoDB
- Hadoop, Spark
- Zabbix, Grafana, New Relic
- Git, Confluence, Jira, Jenkins, Artifactory, Slack