Principal Cybersecurity Architect
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
We are looking for progressive minded, innovative Cybersecurity Principal Architect, who can whiteboard a solution, as well as successfully deliver capabilities/solutions. The Cybersecurity Principal Architect will be part of the Cybesecurity Architecture Team focused on helping design and mature, innovative and cutting edge secure architecture capabilities. S/he will work with Product Managers to build strategic direction of multiple products and domain. S/he will be responsible for identifying business use cases for proposed capabilities and developing the value proposition for new products and capabilities.
The ideal candidate will have business acumen, a sound understanding of the Cybersecurity with the ability to think, operate and balance priorities in extreme dimensionsstrategic and tactical, long-term and near-term The Architect will provide technical leadership for Application Security Product domain and must be able to solve complex security problems. This individual will be expected to work closely with management to build strategy, work closely with Cybersecurity engineering/delivery teams, users of Cybersecurity technologies, enterprise architects, developers and operators as well as business users to champion and help deliver and mature security solutions and services. As a Principal Cybersecurity Architect you may work on solutions that range from protecting our web properties via various commercial products to helping developers build secure application. You will threat model and drive requirements into reusable enterprise solutions. The Principal Cybersecurity Architect will proactively keep abreast of evolving technology landscape and business transformational practices as well as analyze threat landscape. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is a self-starter, assertive, team player, loves to solve problems and enable secure business practices.
- B.S in Mathematics, Computer Science or relevant field with 3+ years’ experience in Cyber-security
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; able to quickly digest any issue/problem encountered and recommend an appropriate solution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to author and present materials ranging from detailed technical specifications to high-level executive presentations
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables and in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in building road maps, reference architectures, patterns, threat models, planning and managing work via standards and procedures
- Have experience with SSDLC practices in DevOps, CI/CD environment is preferred
- Ability to script/code (Python, Java, etc.) with previous experience as senior developer/architect preferred
- Experience with multiple security technologies such as Cryptography Modules, Key and Credential Vault, Web Application Firewalls, Code Analysis Tools, Bot Mitigation, etc.
- Experience or knowledge of Active Directory, LDAP, PKI, Cloud Provider IAM, OAuth, OpenID Connect, SAML
- Experience or knowledge of applying risk management concepts is preferred
- Experience working with or strong knowledge of cloud based services including SaaS, PaaS (e.g. Kubernetes), IaaS(e.g. AWS, GCP) and understanding of effectively enabling business while securing these environments is a preferred
- Knowledge payment compliance and standards (PCI DSS, FFIEC, NIST Security Standards and Frameworks) is a preferred
- Industry certification such as CISSP, CISM, GIAC is preferred
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!