Principal Cybersecurity Analyst
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsibility of the role is to design the Cybersecurity engineering roadmap, and deliver highly-complex secure systems,cyber applications, technical projects and regulatory and risk requirements. Drive Cybersecurity engineering solutions, framework, roadmap, program optimization, process engineering, risk remediation, and mitigation of operational risk in a high velocity culture by introducing technology, requirements, deliverables, gaps and systems design. Analyze competitive strategies, cyber technologies, metrics models, and performance indicators. Contribute to robust and innovative strategic
solutions and build resilient support for next-generation systems to solve business challenges and enhance the control environment.
Analyzes competitive strategies, cyber technologies, metrics models, and performance indicators. Contributes to robust and innovative strategic solutions, builds resilient support for next-generation systems to solve business challenges, and enhances the control environment and executive decision-making.
- Acts as the principal advisor to upper management in Cybersecurity matters. Provides guidance to Cybersecurity architects in the design and development of security solutions, consistent with business goals and risk tolerance. Works closely with business analysts, engineers, and architects to ensure security requirements are effectively met through all phases of system lifecycles. Determines whether systems perform as expected, provides input to the determination of operational effectiveness, and takes action to remediate issues and resolve gaps. Directs security solutions and technical assurance in alignment with business risk and regulatory requirements.
- Works closely with management to define and promote the strategic direction of the team. Provides strong leadership and direction to team members. Provides subject matter expertise across all Cybersecurity technologies. Oversees Cybersecurity projects and initiatives to ensure complete and timely delivery of key objectives.
- Identifies, evaluates, and remediates potential vulnerabilities, and develops cyber solutions, internal processes, and standards for threat intelligence workflow. Contains potential breaches, conducts digital forensics, and submits an independent, classified incident review to senior leadership. Articulates defensive security measures, defines new security requirements, and develops mitigation techniques to maximize protection and preservation of the brand. Advises leadership on an entire range of risk matters facing the department and ensures the mitigation of operational risks. Resolves conflicts in laws, regulations, policies, standards, or procedures.
- Resolves and remediates security issues and/or vulnerabilities. Ensures compliance to audit, regulatory, and legal requirements. Builds and maintains effective relationships with peers and internal business partners, and external vendors. Provides oversight for team direction, tactical responsibilities, and effective controls.
- Designs metrics models and develops advanced capabilities to ensure confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, and non-repudiation. Develops unique cybersecurity performance and risk indicators to maintain constant awareness of the status of the highly dynamic operating environment. Develops assessment plans and measures of risk performance for effective dashboard reporting. Conducts strategic and operational effectiveness assessments as required for cyber events, and regulatory and audit reviews.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelors Degree Information Security , Computer Science, Business Administration, Data Analytics, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience in Information Security, Computer Science, Data Analytics, or related field
- PMP, CEH, GIAC, CISM, CISSP, or related certifications
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!