ActiveCampaign is one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago revolutionizing marketing automation. Our software allows all of our users, the power to make smarter business decisions based on data-driven analytics.
At ActiveCampaign product is at our core and drives our business, and we’re looking for a self-motivated Penetration Tester who understands the value of trust. Our customers trust us with their data and we are committed to continuously finding innovative ways to ensure that we are transforming, processing, and storing that data securely. The ideal candidate is someone who is curious and thinks outside the box to experiment with new methods to bypass or break process and controls.
What your day could consist of:
- Perform network penetration, web and mobile application testing, source code reviews, threat analysis, wireless network assessments, and social-engineering assessments
- Develop scripts, tools, or methodologies to facilitate customized testing
- Prepare documentation of findings, recommendations, and other subjects as needed
- Collaborate with security, platform engineers, developers, and operations teams to ensure secure design, development, and deployment of secure infrastructure and code
- Independently scope engagements and assessments while working with Security leadership on project prioritization
What is needed:
- BS degree, or relevant work experience
- Network penetration testing experience
- Mobile and/or web application penetration testing experience
- Extensive knowledge of the OWASP Top 10 and CWE Top 25
- Shell scripting or automation of simple tasks using Perl, Python, or Ruby
- Developing, extending, or modifying exploits, shell code or exploit tools
- Strong knowledge of tools used for wireless, web application, and network security testing
- Expert level knowledge of Unix/Linux/Mac/Windows operating systems
- Strong understanding of Ethernet, VLAN, IPv4/IPv6, ARP, DHCP, DNS, and other network protocols
- Knowledge of SOC II and ISO27001 regulatory standards
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
We continually invest in our employees and offer comprehensive benefits including 100% coverage of your medical premiums and 50% for dependents, open vacation policy, fully paid maternity and paternity leave, 401k matching, catered lunches every day in a kitchen stocked with snacks and fresh fruit, free CTA or Metra passes, and a DIVVY bike membership (to name a few).
At ActiveCampaign, we are committed to maintaining a culture that is inclusive and diverse. Our colleagues foster an environment that is warm, supportive, and helpful where we treat each other exceptionally well. We are looking to add curious, driven, and creative individuals to our team who are ready to grow with us!
Read Full Job Description