New Grad Program for Software Engineers
Avant is revolutionizing the world of lending by lowering the costs and barriers of borrowing for everyday people. At our core, we are a technology company that builds advanced platforms and uses custom analytics. Today, we help underserved consumers, the majority of whom get fast funding on our online platform without having to talk to anyone. Tomorrow we plan to use our world class technology and underwriting capabilities to launch new products and bank partnerships that improve people’s financial lives.
What you're signing up for:
Got plans after December graduation? Avant has a program for newly-minted tech industry folks (think Winter 2018 grads with computer science degrees or who have completed Bootcamp). It’s like a full-time job with some practical education up front: you and your fellow new grads will start with job training to get you situated at Avant and familiar with the skills you’ll be using, and at the end of the program you’ll be a full-time, full-fledged Avantee. Interested? Send your application our way!
One thing about the app process: we would LOVE to talk to every. single. applicant., but we don’t have the time. So as a first step in the process, we’re asking all candidates to take a home technical assessment. The results of your assessment will determine if you move onto the interview process, and at that point we’ll get acquainted with a phone interview.
*Note: We will NOT be accepting applications for May 2019 grads at this time.*
What you do at Avant:
- Work with other engineers and technical product managers to write, test, and deploy your code safely and automatically to production. We deploy multiple times a day
- Be a part of a strong culture of ownership, pragmatism, and testing
- Contribute to tooling as well as our technology architecture and direction
- We have a culture that treats engineers as both teachers and students, and encourage this by presenting weekly Lunch and Learns, hosting hackathons, and attending conferences
- Contribute to open-source initiatives
What you might own at Avant:
- Onboard several bank partners onto our white label lending platform by providing APIs and configurability
- Expand our unsecured installment loan product and credit card product
- Power our credit decisioning, credit pricing, fraud prevention, customer verification, and credit reports
- Work with our Accounting system, process ACH and credit card payments, and enable scale on our ability to collateralize and sell loans
- Create workflows and the backend that powers internal service tools and provide external visibility to our partners
- Improve the customer experience and automation on our web app and mobile app through self service
Why your are a fit for Avant:
- You are graduating with a bachelor’s in Computer Science or Computer Engineering Spring 2018 or have recently graduated from a Bootcamp
- You have relevant internship or two under your belt
- You have worked on some side projects- coding isn’t just a job, it’s a lifestyle!
- You are excited about refactoring and system design as we migrate to a service-based architecture and prepare for scaling and increasing data flow
- You’re entrepreneurial, self-driven, and takes pride in improving our customers’ experiences
- You have strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals and coding/testing best practices
- You thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts and enjoys working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
- You like communicating directly with business units from all over the company to ensure you understand and can best handle the pain points and the wide range of stakeholders needs
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Read Full Job Description