New Grad - Arity - Test Engineer
Arity is a technology company founded by The Allstate Corporation focused on making transportation safer, smarter and more useful for everyone. We collect and analyze massive amounts of data to help our partners better predict risk and understand how people move. The Arity Platform is built on billions of miles of historical driving data with more than one million active telematics connections and 10+ years of data directly from cars.
This Test Engineer role is part of the Arity Testing Services organization and will support and drive achievement of progressive, fully autonomous testing solutions utilizing machine learning where appropriate across our Arity Product suite. Utilizing agile methodologies and extensive cloud technologies Arity is hard at work creating the future of continuous testing and we now need a strong, energetic and inquisitive engineer to play a key role in our Arity team.
This position is on site in the Merchandise Mart, Chicago, IL - Monday through Friday, regular business hours.
Key responsibilities of the role will include (but are not limited to):
- Executes upon test strategies for various products within areas of responsibility which deliver upon our goals
- Embraces our technical strategy for continuous delivery
- Contribute to technology strategy and engineering roadmaps
- Initiates and implements continuous improvements in all areas of responsibility including the assessment and implementations of Chaos suite principles for each product
- Anticipates issues and develops preventative measures
- Managing workloads in an Agile development environment
- Supports the strategic technical direction for highly integrated, autonomous test solutions
This role is ideal for someone who has a real passion for technology and are advocates of software engineering best practices and continuous improvement and enjoys keeping up to date in industry trends and best practice.
- Start Date: Summer 2019
- Working towards completing a Bachelor's Degreee in Computer Science or similar field, including a solid understanding of Test fundamentals.
- Understand/Experience with Test Engineering
- Experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, JSON), ETL jobs and APIs
- Experience with common tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory, GitHub, InelliJ, JUnit, JIRA, Maven
- Experience with delivering using Agile methodology practices
- Experience of cloud technologies like AWS, Azure, Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Knowledge of security (risks and threats, authentication, authorization, certificates, encryption)
- Familiarity with Agile backlog management tools such as Atlassian’s JIRA / Confluence, Pivotal Tracker, TFS
- Experience in mobile development – IOS or Android
- Experience with Cassandra, Nifi, Hadoop, Kafka, Greenplum, Flink and other Big Data platforms and applications
Heads up: when you click “apply now” you’ll be directed to the Allstate careers site. You’re still looking at an Arity job, but because we were founded by Allstate, we share the same application system.