Rocket Travel, Inc., a subsidiary of Booking Holdings, is seeking a skilled Mobile Engineer to join our core product team in our West Loop, Chicago office.
You should have experience and interest in developing large scale mobile applications for both Android and iOS. You will be involved in all facets of the software development process from inception to deployment. You should enjoy building new products, researching and developing new technologies, and coming up with new ideas. We are looking for a customer- and product-focused engineer.
You will be joining our engineering team, tackling some of the more interesting engineering challenges in our 5 star rated apps. You will be responsible for making large scale architectural decisions, mentoring other team members, and coming up with decisive answers to challenging problems.
Work side-by-side with some of the smartest people Rocket has gathered from all over the world.
Duties and Requirements
- You communicate clearly and effectively
- You are passionate about learning and helping your teammates learn
- You've worked and shipped at least 1 large scale iOS app that is currently in the app store
- You have experience writing both iOS and Android applications
- You love to solve design challenges
- You are familiar with agile programming methodologies
- You love new challenges
- You love mentoring other engineers
- You are passionate about how your code translates into a better customer experience
- You are authorized to accept employment in the US from any employer.
- You are available to start within three weeks of accepting an offer, and are willing to work from our Chicago office.
- Having ownership in our products and our customers' experiences, building features that can be implemented and deployed in a matter of hours.
- Learning and growing professionally while being set up for success, collaborating closely with experienced business/design/technology teammates.
- Working with intrinsically motivated folks with a track record of delivering great products.
- Developing software using AWS, GitHub, modern development practices, and the best tools available.
- Receiving a competitive compensation package, including bonus, health/dental insurance, and 401k matching.
- Choosing your own computer/gear.
- Receiving a monthly cell phone stipend.
- Enjoying unlimited vacation, with free travel credits.
- Flexible teams that allow you to work remotely for those days when life needs you elsewhere.
- Learning at bi-monthly engineering lunch-and-learns for professional development.
- Enjoying free snacks, drinks, and coffee at our dog-friendly Chicago office in the West Loop.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
No recruiters, please.