Manager, IT Service Delivery (Helpdesk)
We aren’t just delivering groceries, we are delivering results…and people are noticing! PEAPOD, the interactive, online grocery shopping and delivery service is becoming more and more popular and we are adapting and adding positions to help us handle the growth! We are seeking top notch, high energy and positive candidates to help us meet the increasing demand.
The Service Delivery Manager reports to the Director of Service Delivery and is responsible for supporting all of Peapod’s internal clients and end user support. This experienced IT Leader will be responsible for mentoring team staff, managing team workloads, ensuring that all requests are processed in a timely manner, and ensuring the successful operation of the Peapod Service Delivery HelpDesk. Additional core responsibilities include managing team schedules, ensuring adequate helpdesk coverage during business support hours, and preparing reports on team workloads and issue resolution metrics. Finally, this person will create and maintain documentation for systems and procedures, perform asset management, maintain hardware inventory, and track software licenses for end-users.
Core functions of the Helpdesk team include, providing direct support and technical expertise to operations and business users ensuring proper escalated service levels are provided to all users. Service Coordinators on the Helpdesk Team are responsible for providing technical and troubleshooting assistance related to hardware, software, mobile devices, and other technical platforms supported by the business. This team has responsibility across the Peapod domain and requires a strong knowledge in Infrastructure, Operations, and distributed computing/applications (manual and automated). Service Coordinators also assist in the business continuity, disaster recovery, and IT compliance objectives set forth by the management team.
Leadership Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Experience supervising a help desk team in a ticket-driven and service-oriented environment.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; as well as developing growth opportunities
- Establishes and monitors service levels and key performance indicators for IT incidents and service requests
- Support, coach and coordinate with Corporate IT resources globally
- Manage costs and focus on efficiency and optimization
- Support the business during and outside business hours with conferences, meetings and events
- Forecast hardware needs for day to day, new hire orientation, and upgrades
Key Team Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Responsible for resolution of technical issues involving production applications (e.g. network outages, failed applications, hardware failures)
- Coordinate functions between support teams and Operations/End Users to ensure timely resolution of incidents
- Detailed reporting on technical issues as required by SLA or per incident which identify the details, resolutions and business impact
- Support tools/applications to ensure all steps for error recovery have been performed in an effort to resolve reported problems prior to escalating to second level support groups
- Understands the mechanical systems, software relations, differences and other functionalities in the appropriate Warehouses and shares knowledge with other teams and vendors
- Gather detailed information during triage and utilize logical problem solving skills and techniques to troubleshoot and resolve complex issues
- Produce and maintain high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Manage and triage all calls opened by self or other team members while prioritizing business impacting issues over day to day end user issues
- Escalate complex and/or high priority problems to the appropriate support groups or vendors for resolution
- Ensure proper notification and escalation procedures are followed to update technical teams and business users
- Work with service providers to prioritize and report root cause analysis and the implementation of corrective and preventive measures
- Perform maintenance tasks per assigned with minimal supervision
- Coordinate issue resolution with separate parent company support teams
- Vendor relationship management
- Collaborate with system administrators, network administrators, developers and other internal teams and vendors to maintain appropriate tools, monitoring, reporting and site metrics to track needs and trends for support, issues and capacity changes
- Promote cross functional training with 1st and 3rd level teams
- Write technical documentation for all new systems and processes that affect Infrastructure Environments, as well as train other team members and end users
- Desire to learn and fully understand how to support new technologies as they are introduced including; Office 365, Citrix, Mobile Device or Mobile Application Managements Solutions, and Multi-factor enabled Software as a Service Solutions.
- Willingness to travel a must
- Willingness to learn and teach new technology a must
- Knowledge/Experience with Ticket Tracking Systems
- Documentation/Technical Writing Skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to prioritize tasks given
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong Audio/Video skills
- Imaging Software for MacOS & Windows
- Ability to multitask and handle a variety of tasks assigned
- Works well within a team environment local and remote
- Intermediate knowledge of automation tools in and enterprise environment
- Intermediate knowledge of the Linux OS
- Intermediate knowledge of Networking and Troubleshooting (LAN/WIFI)
- Beginner to intermediate knowledge of the Atlassian Suite
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of the Windows OS
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Active Directory
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of the MacOS
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Android OS
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Apple iOS
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge for administration of Mobile (MDM/MAM) solutions.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge for MFA / 2FA for external SAS applications
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Citrix/NetScaler
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 Administration.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 Deployment.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge Microsoft Office installation / configuration.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure technology
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience
- 3-4 years Customer Service experience
- 4-6 years Technical Experience
- Strong Communication Skills (In Person/Remote)
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Strong problem solving skills