Manager - Energy and Utilities Consulting (CIS)
Manager - Energy and Utilities Consulting (CIS)
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one at West Monroe, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you are up for the challenge?
We are seeking a Manager to join our Energy and Utilities Practice, with strong Utility industry consulting and/or project management skills and experience, specifically in the area of Customer Information Systems (CIS). This includes the evaluation, selection, implementation / integration, and operation of this crucial Utility application.
* Provide subject matter expertise and knowledge to help Utility clients formulate a strategy and roadmap for the replacement (or re-fresh) of the Customer Information System.
* Establish and/or lead a program management office (PMO) for the implementation and integration of a new or re-freshed CIS.
* Acts as or supports the Project Manager in developing project plans, milestones, estimates, and structure on these large engagements.
* Lead business the gathering and refinement of technical and functional requirements
* Facilitate current and future-state process workshops with client personnel to develop business process documentation deliverables including requirements, process maps and key performance indicators for smart grid related processes (e.g. meter-to-cash).
* Serve as a key liaison between business functions / users and the IT organization to bridge gaps and drive collaboration.
* Perform change management assessments for utility clients that are planning or implementing CIS, including training, organizational design, and communications elements.
* Manage and/or participate in a team of software/solution implementation, systems integration, and business consultants.
* Become a trusted advisor to our Utility clients as we help them navigate the changes in our industry, including increased reliance on digital technology, and overall grid modernization.
* Promote thought leadership in CIS and other emerging technologies from partnerships to go-to-market offerings, to strategy, to design and implementation.
* Contribute to the Energy and Utilities consulting practice through development and enhancement of methodologies, service offerings, thought leadership, team development, and to drive best practice behaviors into the organization.
* Serve as a leader and mentor within the Energy and Utilities team and WMP organization through mentorship, career advisement, and professional development.
* Participate in and delivery (when appropriate) internal training courses and curriculum content for the furthering of the team’s knowledge and understanding of industry trends and talking points.
* Contribute to the growth and development of the national Energy and Utilities Practice through participation in each stage in the sales cycle, from relationship building, through proposal development and delivery.
* Understand business needs and requirements and help turn those goals into concrete projects and detailed proposals.
* Identify and support the pursuit of new customers and prospects within the Utility space.
* Grow the West Monroe footprint at existing clients through strong project delivery and identification of other client needs to match with WMP service offerings and capabilities.
* Contribute to business development process as an emerging technologies subject matter expert.
* Create work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for prospects.
* Actively build a professional network and affiliate network in the local community.
* Participate in industry events and conferences to grow the WMP brand and stay on top of emerging trends.
We need someone who can bring the following to the table:
* Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Management Information Systems, or Business required
* Master’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or Management Information Systems preferred
* Ability to Travel Monday - Thursday (weekly) up to 80%
* 6– 12 years of work experience with minimum five years of professional services consulting experience
* Minimum six years of work experience within the Energy & Utilities industry and at least three years of smart grid experience
* Deep experience with Customer Information Systems (CIS)
* Demonstrated expertise within Project / Program Management (PMO), Business Process Optimization (BPO), and/or Organizational Change Management (OCM) functional areas
* Deep knowledge of and direct experience with Smart Grid / Smart Meter solutions
* Prior experience managing a team of professional services consultants in a project environment
* Mature project management and consulting skills; writing and presentation of business solutions
* Critical thinker with a default to action and a passion for solving complex problems in a team environment
If this opportunity to continue to grow and expand your consulting skillset in an empowering, high-energy, team-oriented environment where you own your career path, we would love to hear from you.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.