Lead Software Engineer
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Middleware team is looking for highly motivated and talented engineer, who is passionate about engineering velocity and product automation. Middleware is currently at the early stage of implementing CI pipelines utilizing Jenkins, GitHub, and Nexus, and write codes leveraging Chef for middleware software automation and configuration management. The pipelines will help the application development team to build, test and deploy java applications faster and efficient and manage environments more efficiently. Team currently owns and provide governance for the following technologies: WebSphere AppServer, Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, DataPower, WMQ, WXS, GSA, RabbitMQ, API Gateway, and API Portal. Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in a technology centric discipline) or the equivalent work experience
- 3+ years working in a technology environment (preferably infrastructure)
- Significant experience with Chef, Pipelines, or Equivalent technology.
- Good scripting knowledge on Shell, Python and Bash.
- Ability to bridge gap between application development teams and integration or operations with a strong bias toward infrastructure as code.
- Taking an active leading role in continuous process improvement and problem solving.
- Ability to lead technical discussions and embrace feedback from partner teams to improve automation to support applications.
- Must possess attention to detail, commitment to quality and a refined sense of urgency.
- Hands-on industry experience in WebSphere, Tomcat, or other related Java Container Platforms in performance analysis, implementation, project leadership, maintenance, and technical documentation.
- Experience with security vulnerability analysis and remediation, upgrade/patching, server refresh and capacity planning disciplines.
- Excellent leadership, organizational and communication skills (both written and verbal), team player, self-motivated, requiring minimal direction, good work ethic, driven to learning.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex technical environments and work with vendors to bring timely solutions and implement fixes.
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!