Arity is a new technology company that uses advanced predictive analytics to help partners evaluate risk and make sense of everyday experiences. Our proprietary algorithms analyze billions of data points, distilling the flood of information into simple, actionable insights. Chief among these is the Arity Driving Score, which models billions of miles of driving and claims data to assess risk, gauging each driver’s likelihood of an event.
Founded by The Allstate Corporation, an organization synonymous with protection and preparation, Arity is born from a long-standing commitment to deep customer understanding and future-focused innovation. Fueled by the curiosity of a startup, our expertise begins with connected car, providing applied insights that meet insurer and transportation/mobility company needs and enhance driver safety, connectivity and value.
This is a full stack software engineering and people leader position. You will be part of a product team that owns the testing (through automated unit and integration tests), development, deployment and support of your product. Write code in a paired programming environment 80% of your time and perform management duties the other 20% of your time. Limited meetings and email interaction to enable you to be more productive. Drive software engineering and xp best practices on your product team and with your direct reports. Write tests first, watch them fail, get them to pass, rinse, repeat. TDD is how we operate!
This position is on site in the Merchandise Mart in Chicago, IL; Monday through Friday, regular business hours.
- A college degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or similar field, including a solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals.
- 7+ years engineering software at scale
- 3+ years technical leadership
- Experience and/or interest in doing Test Driven Development
- Experience and/or interest in doing paired programming
- Passionate about mentoring other engineers in software development
Nice to Have:
- People leadership experience
- Experience and knowledge in web and API security including authentication, authorization, OAuth, OWASP, OpenID, and SAML
- Experience in testing frameworks like JUnit, Mockito, Jasmine, Protractor, Cucumber, and other like technologies
- Experience with packaging/build tools like Gradle, Maven, NPM, Artifactory, Jenkins, Concourse, etc.
- Backend development, design and implementation; database (relational, NoSQL, caching), messaging and big data development, implementation and optimization
- Experience with Java Spring
Heads up: when you click “apply now” you’ll be directed to the Allstate careers site. You’re still looking at an Arity job, but because we were founded by Allstate, we share the same application system.