Lead Software Engineer
What you’ll be doing:
In this role, you will take the lead on overseeing technical components for major projects. You’ll act as a liaison between the technical and business teams, advocate for a high quality codebase, and eliminate roadblocks. In addition, you'll have the opportunity mentor other engineers and build a collaborative environment, allowing the team to reach their full potential.
What you should have:
- Experience with any programming language, we welcome engineers from various technical backgrounds
- Ability to solve problems in more than one language, and know exactly why one of them is better
- Expertise building software features that require talking to multiple services, touching legacy code, and balancing multiple conflicting requirements
- Project management skills, specifically the ability to estimate scope, break up problems into deliverable chunks, and pivot when requirements change
- Experience deploying multiple web applications from both a front-end and back-end developer perspective
- Interaction with product managers to plan and scope products over the course of several releases
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
Software Engineering Overview:
The Software Engineering Team, one of the largest groups in the company, is responsible and accountable for meeting the demands of our current and future businesses. We help create the “Tech” in FinTech.
We are structured into small full-stack teams, each aligned to specific business lines or core services. Each team is responsible for defining and delivering solutions through smart interactive development. We code in Ruby, Go, Java, and Swift. We use Vue and other JS frameworks for front-end development. However, we welcome engineers from different technical backgrounds and have created a training program to get you up to speed on our tech stack. Baseline is our self-paced training program, which provides a suite of exercises for all new engineering hires to work through during their first few weeks, ensuring they have the knowledge needed to be successful in their role.
Although we are divided into unique teams, our culture of collaboration promotes and encourages engagement across every team and department within the company - no team is a silo. This enables us to align our core values and create strong, best practices.
Enova is a leading provider of online financial services that leverages its advanced technology and analytics to provide access to credit for non-prime consumers and small businesses. Our roots are in Chicago, but we have served over 5 million customers through our six businesses in the U.S. and abroad. We pride ourselves on hiring smart and driven people who bring new and innovative ideas to the table. Our philosophy is, "Life’s short. Work some place awesome."
Many of us consider our people to be Enova’s best perk. But to sweeten the deal, we also have a pretty awesome list of conventional (and less conventional) perks and benefits including competitive salaries, health care benefits, a 401K matching plan, a revamped parental leave program (and brand new nursing rooms for our returning mothers!) summer hours, tuition reimbursement and a sabbatical program. And of course we also have the things you’d expect at a leading tech company in Chicago, such as the snacks, game room, onsite massages/barbers/nail technicians, monthly social events, and sporting sponsorships.
Our goal at Enova is to recruit, hire, develop and maintain a diverse workforce. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.