Lead Software Engineer
We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join our Digital team in Chicago. You'll work as part of a full-stack agile development team to design and implement web applications.
The ideal candidate understands how to balance a desire for perfectionism with the need for pragmatism. You will integrate with and leverage our existing systems as you simultaneously help build longer lasting and more scalable solutions from scratch.
What we will want you to do:
- Build RESTful APIs & customer facing web applications
- Write automated tests & ensure test coverage
- Conduct code reviews for your team
Skills or Experience we want you to have:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with a BS degree OR a minimum of 3 years of experience with a MS degree developing web applications with Ruby on Rails
- Experience running a development team as a technical lead
- Experience with concurrent, service-oriented, and object-oriented programming
- Experience with building & consuming RESTful API’s
- Knowledge of SQL optimization as well as schema and database design, especially as it relates to PostgreSQL
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working in Financial Services industry
- Experience working in a start-up environment
- Worked with a TDD workflow
We possess varying talents but share a common goal. The iLoan team is built of incredible talent from a mix of industries and backgrounds. Everybody has a voice. Everybody contributes. The team collaborates and succeeds together.
We’re uniquely positioned for success. Envision a young company with a startup feel but distinct advantages. As part of OneMain, we operate with the financial backing of one of the nation’s largest personal loan lenders. This stability allows us to be agile while further scaling in a growing marketplace.
We strive to make an impact. In less than a year we rebuilt and relaunched OneMain's digital platform while building out the iLoan lending platform from idea to launch. That said, there are a lot of exciting challenges and opportunities ahead. This is just the beginning.
We seek excellence. We’re self-aware, reflective, and learn from our mistakes. Our team is built on strong common sense and logic. We’re not afraid to speak up and make suggestions for improvement.
We encourage continuous learning. Each employee gets an annual learning budget to elevate their skills. Attend a conference. Take a night class. If you find something that will take you to the next level, we will support you.
We’re social. It’s not all work around here. Daily catered lunches serve up the perfect setting to get to know your colleagues. Bi-weekly happy hours tend to spark up a few interesting conversations as well. Simply put - we believe in the power of socializing both on and off the clock.
We take care of our employees. Working late? Have dinner on us and a free ride home on our company account. Prefer a certain keyboard or set of headphones? Tell us and we’ll foot the bill. It’s the little things that count.
We’re iLoan. You know about us, we’d like to know about you. Let’s chat.