Lead Security Analyst
About the Team:
The Technology team utilizes the latest technological trends to effectively build and manage solutions in an informal, open and collaborative environment. The Information Security team works across the business. The team based in Illinois supporting the Illinois Lottery is small but it is part of a much larger family internationally including security architects, secdevops, security engineers, security analysts and ethical hackers.
Within Camelot Illinois, the Lead Security Analyst will be an all rounder that can help develop the Security Operations Center to drive continuous improvement and optimization of security analytics, technology and processes while responding to changing business need and threat landscape. As a regulated business the Lead Security Analyst will also support security compliance activities in line with a range of security standards.
- Actively working as part of the Information Security team to support secure delivery of business objectives.
- Identify potential security incidents and work to mitigate risk.
- Detection and investigation of complex security incidents.
- Lead the coordination of vulnerability and patch management.
- Support cyber incident responses.
- Undertake tasks in support of the security architecture function.
- Conduct technical risk assessments of changes proposed by projects or as part of BAU.
- Over five years of experience in a technically focused security role across a range of technologies.
- Ability to write complex regular expressions.
- Advanced level to write scripts in *nix and/or windows environments (e.g powershell).
- Intermediate level of coding experience with python or similar technology.
- Confidence running tools like Nmap, Nessus, Wireshark or other passive recon tools and enumeration techniques.
- Proficiency capturing, reading and analyzing pcaps.
- Experience with securing AWS environments.
- A professional certification in security such from an organisation such as ISC2, SANS or similar.
- Willingness to learn and implement the latest technologies.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders as well as senior leadership.
- Curious nature and an ability to root out potential security risks.
Working For Camelot Illinois
We’re a creative group of people at Camelot Illinois, passionate about our work. We are not interested in formality or too much hierarchy. We like to bring the best ideas forward as quickly as possible. We’re proud that we provide a lively and challenging environment for our teams to try new ideas and achieve their potential. If this sounds like a company you would thrive in, get in touch!
Camelot Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.