Lead Infrastructure Engineer
Lightstream is building the future of live video production. Since 2014, we have been building a cloud-based livestreaming studio with the goal of removing all the technical hurdles and putting advanced production capabilities in the hands of beginners. Today, we have thousands of creators streaming with Lightstream Studio for thousands of hours every day. We have partnered with Microsoft to offer Lightstream Studio to millions of Xbox and Windows streamers as part of the native OS experience. We even license our technology to major game studios.
What’s next? At the core of the Studio experience is our patented cloud compositing pipeline. Lightstream Cloud has launched into beta. It is an entirely cloud-based, livestreaming production pipeline: ingest, produce, composite, and distribute all via an API. POST multiple sources of video or media, GET a fully composited and produced video sent to any destination - multi-input, multi-output, multi-format, and multi-transport.
As our newest teammate, you will work closely with the entire engineering team and be a subject matter expert on how to best incorporate DevOps practices with our global infrastructure needs. This is a hands-on technical position that offers the opportunity to make architecture and design-level decisions directly impacting our workflows and service platform. You must possess a high standard of excellence, be capable of technical deep-dives, bias towards instrumentation and monitoring, and love automation and testing.
What we’re looking for...
- Production IaaS deployment experience with a major cloud provider (Azure preferred)
- Kubernetes and Docker expertise in designing and scaling large infrastructure
- Operational experience with Hashicorp tooling (Terraform, Consul, Vault)
- Solid Linux systems administration skills, with deep troubleshooting capabilities and strong scripting chops (e.g. Shell or Python)
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Salt or Ansible
- Solid background in network administration, firewalls/reverse proxies, L4/L7 Load balancing technologies (HAProxy, Traefik, WAF, or similar), IDS/IPS, and additional security layers (LDAP, SSO, MFA)
We get really excited about people with...
- Deep experience with Prometheus and Grafana
- Familiarity or experience with service mesh solutions
- Experience with Kubernetes CNI systems such as Flannel, Weave, and Calico
- Experience with resilient and distributed services, across many geographical areas with stringent performance requirements
- Comfortable using tools like eBPF or perf
Our team is driven by curiosity, a constant state of learning, good vibes, and strong opinions loosely held. We constantly reevaluate our past decisions to divine an even better path forward. Most of our team has deep experience in gaming (Razer, Steelseries, AMD/ATI, MLG, and more), livestreaming (Twitch, Mixer, and more), and video (OBS). We were one of the top companies to go through Techstars in 2015, have been awarded a Chicago Innovation Award, and our early believers include MK Capital, Pritzker Group, MATH Ventures, Drive Capital, and more. We’ve been proud to not only build something truly amazing, but to build a company and culture we can be proud of. We are grateful for the rare opportunity to solve exceptionally hard problems with people we love and respect.
Read Full Job Description