Lead Engineer, Cloud Security
What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation – we’re consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You'll Bring:
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of software development experience and/or full-stack engineering.
- Serves as a coach and mentor for junior team members.
- Expertise with designing, building and implementing in cloud and container platforms.
- Possesses ample experience with cloud native security solutions.
- Possesses working knowledge with the many components of cloud security access brokers.
- Advanced understanding of immutable architecture and practices.
- Advocate of CI/CD best practices and experience with the many supporting technologies.
- Familiar with popular scripting and programming language frameworks.
- Passionate about innovation and enjoys the challenges of creating something new.
- Displays strong technical and thought leadership skills.
- Stays current with evolving technologies and can effectively educate leadership of trends and opportunities.
We'd love to see:
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategies and lead large and complex endeavors.
- Not only identifies potential problems, but is quick to present options to overcome or bypass those issues.
- Looks for opportunities to simplify and optimize technology and processes.
- Enjoys working in a collaborative environment and finds value and methods for up-skilling others.
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of the impact of own work.
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
Impact You'll Make:
- Cloud Security Engineering is a newly formed DevOps team at TransUnion that focuses on building first-of-its-kind security products and services for the enterprise.
- As a member of this innovative agile team, you will collaborate with others to develop and maintain capabilities required to secure data and applications operating in dynamic cloud computing environments.
- In this CI/CD workspace, you will construct and integrate security solutions with many popular open source technologies, internally developed applications and cloud native services. Engineers on this team will be challenged to provide technical and thought leadership in an effort to improve corporate culture and development practices, simplify processes and optimize platforms.
- To succeed in this role, you need to be courageous, eager to learn, able to work through ambiguity, communicate effectively, problem solve, and foster idea generation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.