Lead Data Engineer
About Us: We are Chicago based team. Our team writes beautiful & functional code that is easily reproducible and testable. We encourage open source contributions, especially with the technologies we use. We don’t release on Fridays.
In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Payformance’s dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. We allocate each employee 15% innovation time per week with optional work-from-home days once a week. Plus, outstanding benefits: 100% employer-paid health insurance options (employee, spouse, & family), dental & vision coverage, and 401k matching.
About You: We want developers that are serious about their work but don’t take themselves too seriously. You are flexible, can quickly pick up new technologies, and are a DIYer with a GSD mindset.
- 4+ years of experience in the field
- Background writing in Python, Scala
- Background working with Linux
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with data acquisition (writing crawlers, interfacing with various api’s, fetching and transforming data, etc.)
- Experience with web services architecture
- Experience implementing Spark or Hadoop
Skills (must have some or all):
- Experience working with task schedulers (e.g., Aurora, Marathon, Airflow, etc.)
- Experience with distributed computing / concurrent data pipelining
- ELK Stack (i.e., Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana)
- Experience working with message queues (Kafka preferred)
- Experience with Config Management software (Ansible preferred,)
- Knowledge of security concepts in programming such as OWASP Top 10 or SSL Configuration.
Education: A minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or any equivalent education or experience.
When applying, please include your resume and salary requirements to [email protected] with the following information in the subject line: "BuiltIn – Data Engineer – YOUR NAME". Local Applicants only.