Junior Salesforce.com Developer
VelocityEHS is seeking a Junior Salesforce.com Developer to join its Salesforce.com Operations group. This role is specifically designed for Salesforce.com Administrators looking to take the next step in their career. As the Junior Salesforce.com Developer, you will be given the opportunity to learn how to develop on the Salesforce.com Platform while also working closely with the Salesforce.com Operations team to help develop and maintain complex applications that expand VelocityEHS’ use of Salesforce.com.
The VelocityEHS work environment is dynamic and innovative. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork and follow-through. If you have these qualities and enjoy being around other techie, outgoing individuals then check out the details below and apply now.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assist in the design of advanced solutions leveraging Apex, Visualforce, and other technologies;
· Maintain currency with Salesforce development best practices;
· Assist in ongoing maintenance and production support of existing applications within Salesforce.com;
· Create supporting documentation for application development tasks;
· Stay up to date with new Salesforce features and functionality;
REQUIRED SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must be able to work in the United States without sponsorship
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Technology field or equivalent work experience;
· Previous experience with Salesforce.com administration;
· Declarative development experience within Salesforce.com;
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) ;
· Strong orientation to detail, process, and prioritization;
· Capable of performing independently and as part of a cross-functional team in a fast-paced environment;
· Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills;
· Creativity, resourcefulness, and able to think outside of the box;
· 2+ years of experience with Salesforce.com administration;
· 1+ years developing Apex, Triggers, Visualforce Pages, Components and Controllers;
· Familiarity installing custom apps in Salesforce.com;
· Proficient in Microsoft Access;
· Salesforce.com Certifications;
· Knowledge of SOQL and Salesforce record indexing;
· Project management experience/skills;
At VelocityEHS we’re all about helping companies around the world promote a safer work environment for their employees. We develop innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions that enable our customers, environmental health and safety (EHS) professionals in a wide range of industries, to work faster and more cost-effectively in administering their overall safety compliance programs.
Headquartered in the heart of downtown Chicago, VelocityEHS is much more than just a place to work. VelocityEHS has cultivated a unique environment where success is both a journey and an everyday occurrence. We work hard and play hard because we love what we do. We place a high value on teamwork, and at the same time, look for individuals who are self-motivated and willing to take risk to help the company advance.
VelocityEHS offers many benefits, including: paid time off, health/dental insurance, 401(K) plan, casual dress, transit benefit program and more. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace.