Located in the thriving West Loop neighborhood of Chicago, OTR Transportation provides customizable logistics solutions that empower our customers to focus on their core business while we automate their freight procurement needs. The combination of our brokerage team, asset-based logistics division, and our cutting-edge technology uniquely positions us to deliver top-notch freight solutions at a cost that few can compete with.
Become a member of OTR's small team of full-stack developers and own the stack from the database to the UI. You will work with a small team directly with the business to deliver valuable tools to OTR's brokers and clients, all while learning about the multi-billion dollar per year logistics industry.
OTR is a dynamic and agile environment that releases software daily. Our technology is an evolving collection of RESTful Java and PHP services, all living on AWS. We are working to take our technology to the next level, and evolve our stack to support the company's growth and need for additional high tech solutions.
- Designing and developing applications critical for business operations.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications.
- Implement and manage a continuous deployment environment.
- 4+ years of experience in application development, building and consuming Micro Services, NodeJS Express, KoaJS or equivalent framework
- Integration layer development: RESTful APIs and Web Services
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
- Database querying design and implementation
- Experience in Linux/Unix environments
- Experience with Git
- Strong ability to work hand in hand with business stakeholders to work through requirements and end-user testing
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
Nice to Have:
- Experience with API design
- Experience with AWS
- Familiarity with PHP