iOS Mobile Engineer
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
The Engineering Team
Our engineers are fueled by a passion to impact the future of mobility. They push the boundaries of telematics and transportation tech by creating and supporting cutting-edge products. As part of an Agile team, they are armed with the freedom to innovate and the opportunity to see projects through from start to finish. Using a variety of languages and a top-notch technology stack, our engineers make critical advances in areas like sensor technology, enterprise engineering and platform development. Our team understands what it means to collaborate and communicate in an interconnected global team, all while having trust, transparency and empathy for the end user. Which is pretty cool, if you ask us.
The iOS Mobile Engineer creates detailed technical specifications, develops system code, participates in code reviews and module testing, and supports ongoing maintenance. Having a strong understanding of mobile sensor component engineering, the iOS Mobile Engineer develops code for intermediate to complex modules, participates in design reviews, conducts code reviews, creates test plans and participates in testing reviews, and resolves moderate defects. This position designs, documents, reviews, and maintains components of software solutions for intermediate complex projects.
• Evaluates detailed business, functional, and high-level technical requirements (including recovery, security, and audit)
• Designs detailed technical components with high-level architecture
• Recognizes and understands use of design patterns for intermediate applications
• Applies usability and future state architectures to develop technical components according to design specifications.
• Participates and provides feedback in design reviews
• Develops or confirms detailed project or system change estimates or project plans; calibrates estimating factors for continuous improvements
• Develops code for intermediate modules, following documentation and development standards
• Creates enhanced technical documentation and implement changes
• Acts as a technical expert for junior application developers
• Conducts timely structured code reviews to ensure standards and systems interoperability
• Reviews and critiques team members' code
• Creates accurate test plans, conditions, and data; participate in testing reviews
• Conducts basic levels of module and integration testing according to process standards; tracks and resolves moderate defects
• Assists Quality Control personnel with functional tests
• Creates and executes unit tests
•Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, MIS, or related area, or equivalent work experience
•3-5+ years of development experience
•Strong experience with iOS and objective C
•Solid understanding of onboard mobile phone sensors
•Experience with mobile sensor component engineering
•Experience with SDK
•Experience with GPS, location services, mobile phone accelerometers
Heads up: when you click “apply now” you’ll be directed to the Allstate careers site. You’re still looking at an Arity job, but because we were founded by Allstate, we share the same application system.