Integration Software Engineer - Healthcare, HL7, FHIR
cancer.eliminate() // save lives"The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads … That sucks."-Jeff HammerbacherCancer sucks. But, code is powerful, developers are brilliant, and people are resilient.
Are you obsessed with coding? How about saving lives? Yes? Read on.
In the high cost world of oncology, trial and error treatment is still the norm despite enormous advances in genomic medicine. Patients are given one-size-fits-all treatments that lead to poor outcomes.
CancerIQ is building intelligent analytical technologies aimed to optimize cancer risk prediction, prevention, and treatment. We do this by providing care providers with workflow tools built upon informed decision engines and data-driven classification models. Our mission strives to engage and educate patients, and guide them through the complex, convoluted, and intimidating journey of cancer prevention.
How do you fit in?
CancerIQ Engineering is looking for curious minds that are hungry for knowledge, want to solve problems, write elegant code, and iterate quickly. We are a group of ambitious devs who love all things science, web, and technology.
- Taking a leadership role in connecting and advancing our integration capabilities with EHR systems
- Building seamless integrations with third-parties to link their data to our existing and future products based on standardized formats such as HL7 and FHIR
- Interact and manage multiple EHR Partners and Clinical Integration customers to problem solve in a real-time basis.
- Write and maintain technical procedures and documentation for the application interfaces developed.
- Work in an agile, object-oriented, team environment with version control, change management and continuous improvement protocols.
- Owning the architecture of the external integration products to ensure scalability
- Collaborating with third parties and internal teams
- Implementing quality assurance testing standards and processes
- 3-5 years experience building, running, and deploying systems in a production environment
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or a related field), or equivalent industry experience
- Experience working with EHR/EMR healthcare information systems and messaging will be highly considered above other candidates
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and enterprise authentication (ADFS, OAuth, LDAP, JWT)
- Significant experience and firm understanding of API designs, working with RESTful, XML, XSLT, JSON. Understanding of SOAP
- Skilled in developing scripts that support the transformation of data to and from various messaging definitions
- Skilled in ETL of large data sets with expertise in data-mapping, validation, and data cleansing techniques
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Experience with developing HL7 interfaces using Mirth Connect (or other EHR Interoperability Technology)
- Ability to perform network diagnostics and/or knowledge of networking protocols
- Knowledge of healthcare / hospital environments a plus.
- Working with a fun, young team of professionals
- Health insurance, commuter benefits, other work perks
- Laid back work environment, conveniently located near the Northwestern medical campus
- Unlimited free coffee and beer