Information Security Operations Center Head
About our teams:
At Tempus, biological samples are processed in our in-house lab and turned into valuable genomic data. This data flows from on-site to an extensive cloud-based infrastructure and set of workflows that produce impactful insights. SaaS products are developed in-house by cross functional teams to share those insights with our clients.
Tempus’ approach to information security allows us to react to threats to any of the environments and workflows described above and identify and close gaps quickly. Our effective security operations engrained with comprehensive monitoring, testing, and risk management allow us to effectively protect Tempus without reducing the speed at which we do business. You and your team set the security goals and design and deploy the products, controls, and workflows to ensure Tempus will continue to make a lasting impact in the field of cancer research and treatment.
Why we’re looking for you:
- You are up to the challenge of building out a world-class SOC from scratch, including hiring the team and designing the physical operations center.
- You like tinkering with logging, monitoring, and alerting tools like SIEMs.
- You’re perfectly comfortable managing vendors like a MSSP.
- You’re prepared from your first day to quickly assemble an IR team and fight off any attack
- You’re a team player and enjoy collaborating with others working on various IT, cloud, data, and engineering projects
Bonus points for:
- Already managing a SOC team
- A rockstar with Amazon Web Services
- Having best practices in hand for identity management, vulnerability management, and DLP domains
- Willing to get under the hood on security appliances (SAs) and web application firewalls (WAFs)
- Ready to hack and hunt - forensics and pentest methods, read/blue teaming, etc
- Working with/within healthcare specific technology, processes and regulations
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We're looking for software engineers who are passionate about changing the status quo and bringing cancer care into the 21st century.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.