Information Security Engineer
Sphera, the former Operational Excellence and Risk Management business of IHS Inc. is a leading global provider of enterprise software and services that enables companies to manage and optimize their environmental, health, safety and sustainability processes. Our software allows customers to automate processes, monitor emissions, ensure regulatory compliance, and track chemical inventory throughout a manufacturing cycle. We were recently spun off by IHS and acquired by Genstar Capital, essentially positioning us as a start-up tech company with $100 million in annual revenue and over 3000 customers in 70+ countries.
At Sphera, it is more than just a job. If you are looking to help change the world and challenge status quo while growing your career, you might find some interesting opportunities to pursue whether for you or to refer a colleague.
- Develop information security standards and procedures.
- Implement and/or manage information security controls like Anti-Virus, URL Filtering, Firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems, etc.
- Scan and respond to vulnerabilities and results.
- Monitor, triage, and manage information security events looking for potential signs of attack.
- Lead support for inquiry into Sphera product information security capabilities to support inside sales.
- Lead customer RFP and Audit requests.
- Lead Sphera’s Vendor Management process to ensure security compliance.
- Manage application assessments and compliance reporting.
- Experience with anti-virus software, intrusion detection, firewalls and/or content filtering
- Experience with risk assessment tools, technologies and methods
- Experience with disaster recovery, computer forensic tools, technologies and methods
- Experience with secure development
- Experience with 3rd Party Security Vendors
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal
- Ability to read and use the results of mobile code, malicious code, and anti-virussoftware
- Ability to work outside of standard business hours to investigate security events
- Experience with network security concepts
- Experience with scripting like Power Shell or similar
- Working knowledge of application scanning tools like Sentinel, SonarQube, or similar
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Willingness to learn
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or another related field
- Hold or willing to obtain industry recognized certification such as CISSP, CISA, CISM, etc.
Minimum of 2+ experience in Information Security
Sphera is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.