Browse the Aisles
The Industrial Engineer role is responsible for providing professional services across Peapod Digital Labs and Peapod .com in 4 areas of Operations (25-40+ fulfillment centers (Warehouses, Home Shop Centers and Warerooms/Dark Stores): (1) Home Shop Center (HSC) designs including CAD drawings, (2) Strategic solutions that improve productivity using time measurements (TMUs), (3) Manage the strategic development of all Labor Management programs including ELS and incentive plans and (4) Support Business Case Development that requires labor inputs and productivity validations.
What’s our Dish - About Us
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that will serve as the engine that powers U.S. ecommerce and digital strategies. Peapod Digital Labs will accelerate growth in digital and personalization capabilities for the great local brands of Ahold Delhaize USA and will serve as the innovation lab for the U.S. portfolio of companies, driving digital and eCommerce innovation, technology and experience to meet the changing needs of customers of Ahold Delhaize USA’s local brands, regardless of when, where and how consumers choose to shop. Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Develop CAD facility drawings (interior and exterior) translating the business requirements to support Home Shop Center Designs, including Warehouse, Transportation and Office needs.
- Facilitate engineering requirements and permits for site plans (e.g. electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, fire protection, HVAC, etc.).
- Partner with the Supply Chain Development to align core processes with overall HSC design, including MHE requirements (racks, forklifts, totes, etc.).
- Continuous review of labor model to find areas for simplification, including the updates to operational strategies (e.g. waving and scheduling), processes, supplies and seasonal/weather related factors.
- Identify and prioritize simplicity roadmap of productivity improvements based on activity based costing analysis by standardize work methods and performance to drive incremental productivity improvements.
- Develop prioritized roadmap of productivity improvements based on activity based costing analysis and benchmarking across 25-40+ Peapod locations.
- Provide recommendations for preferred Operational methods and labor management improvements.
- Perform research in support of key operations management decisions related to process and service level management. Expert in workflow management and analysis of labor standards to ensure requirements are accounted for within the standards.
- Provide insight on facility layout and work flow design. Provide appropriate analysis to support recommendations on changes and facility improvements.
- Determine if other tools/technologies will support Peapod growth ambitions in terms of workforce management; develop business case and recommendations.
- Develop and maintain labor standards utilizing the MOST predetermined time methodology.
- Complete annual renewal / refresh of labor standards to ensure all business changes are considered and properly reflected in the labor model.
- Maintain labor time studies to support execution of Labor Management programs in our facilities; including third party time study validations requested by Brands via PDL, Peapod.com or 3rd Parties (e.g. UFCW).
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor’s Degree (Industrial Engineer required)
- Process focused
- Engineered time studies
- Advanced MS Access
- Advanced MS Excel
- 25-50% Travel
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table :
- Strong analytical skills, including statistical analysis
- Oral and written communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Customer focus
- Attention to detail
Join Us at Our Table - PDL Life
Peapod Digital Labs is forward thinking company with a strong heritage and recognizes who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees that includes great choice of health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, generous and flexible paid time off, and great employee discount on your groceries. Oh yeah, and snacks & drinks of course!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.