IAM Lead Engineer - Information Security
As the Identity & Access Management (IAM) Lead Engineer, you will be responsible for the overall strategy, planning, development & support of TransUnion’s IAM solution and its associated processes. You will provide overall implementation and direction into the IAM and Privileged Access Management (PAM) functions across the organization, including federation, access management, authentication & authorization, security and provisioning identity data. The Lead IAM Engineer will work closely with Cyber Security, service desk, systems engineering, network security, audit, application developers and other administrators in creating functional, scalable and secure IAM operations as well as the design and development of new business applications. They will also be responsible for identifying, evaluating and participating in decision making around new and emerging IAM/PAM technologies and will support other areas of Information Security as needed.
How you’ll contribute:
- Set the direction for engineering efforts, drive the technology selection (Including bus vs build decision) and act as the functional technical leader during implementation.
- Work with the IAM team to implement and automate processes.
- Design, configure and maintain Identity tool kit.
- Define role based access strategy and help business units define functional roles.
- Provide design assistance and operational oversight of corporate Active Directories.
- Serve as the subject matter expert in *nix authentication and authorization capabilities.
- Support any custom scripts or code that support the Identity & Access Management capability.
- Provide consultation on internal projects focusing on business needs, security’s role in change management, and how data is transmitted internally and externally.
- Evaluate and monitor project efforts, timelines, and task management.
- Partner with business units to ensure projects remain on target, within budget, and are completed according to policies and security standards
- Lead the engineering team, establish a strong engineering culture, and mentor and coach junior engineers.
What you’ll bring:
- 7+ years' Information Security experience with at least 3 of those years focused on Identity & Access Management
- Strong understanding of Identity constructs within Cloud environments
- Understanding of DevOps tools (Bit bucket, Jenkins,Jules, Automated deployment tools) with CICD capabilities.
- A background in Identity and Access Management technologies, including:
- Provisioning and workflow tools such as Sailpoint IdentityIQ, Micro Focus/NetIQ, ForgeRock, One Identity etc.
- Solid experience with databases, LDAP and directory services, application servers, operating systems and network infrastructure.
- Exposure to J2EE/.Net and vendor based applications.
- Automation experience with Ansible play books and programming languages like Java, Perl, Python or Powershell scripting.
- Solid communication skills coupled with eagerness to learn
- An understanding of troubleshooting and configuring connectors, Privileged ID Management, and API integrations.
- Additional Requirements:
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Hands on experience with security tools and concepts
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced environment
- Experience architecting IAM/PAM solutions within Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and, preferably, other cloud providers.
- Experience with administration or implementation in AWS public cloud and on-prem private cloud technologies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.