Full Stack Engineer
Farmer’s Fridge started with an idea in Chicago: make fresh, healthy food as accessible as a candy bar. Our handcrafted meals are delivered daily to over 200 smart fridges and can be conveniently purchased with a credit card or using our app. This is only possible because of our team of people: techies, logistical geniuses, folks who lovingly curate the food among many others.
Our people are friendly and are gifted with grit and passion. That’s exemplified in our work environment where things are always shifting. Forget open-door policies; we have an open layout where you can hear and see everything that’s going on.
And just like our open layout, we value an open mind, dedication to work, and a collaborative spirit. We hire based on those characteristics, our business’ needs, and your qualifications. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind — in the hiring process or in the workplace.
Check out our BuiltIn Chicago page to see what it’s like to work here: https://www.builtinchicago.org/company/farmers-fridge
About this Job:
At Farmer’s Fridge, we are working to make healthy food as accessible as a candy bar. Our network of smart fridges throughout Chicago and Milwaukee bring fresh food to thousands of customers, and our proprietary technology intelligently stocks and runs our fridges.
As a Full-Stack Engineer, you will help build the platform that will allow our internal teams to manage the day-to-day operations of our fridges. This includes everything from supply chain management, to delivery and stocking, to routine maintenance. Our software engineers take pride in crafting great software but take even more pride in product ownership, taking ideas from concept to release and beyond. This role will provide you the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies and solve fascinating problems in our operations.
In a typical week, you will...
- Work cross-functionally to identify issues and potential improvements to operational workflows
- Release code across the full stack
- Develop and extend IoT Fridge configuration platform
- Deliver quality software using agile and iterative development
- Help teammates by performing code reviews
- Help out menu development team by tasting new recipes
- 2+ years of software engineering experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing, building and supporting green field projects.
- Experience with at least one of the following languages: Go, Python, or Java
- Experience collaborating with business leaders and engineers to understand and define projects.
- Desire to solve complex problems elegantly and efficiently
- Proven ability to learn new skills quickly and continuous desire to improve
- Clear and effective communicator
- Passion for making healthy food accessible to all
- Traditional Benefits -- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, LTD
- 10 paid holidays
- Generous PTO policy
- Daily Fridge Credits
- Spontaneous company events and community service activities
- Work with a phenomenal team of individuals that are constantly pushing the market boundaries to offer healthy food at the utmost convenience
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below:
You will receive an auto-reply confirming that we've received your application. Thanks for your interest in Farmer’s Fridge!