Full Stack Engineer
Who We Are
Networked Insights technology helps marketers from the world’s biggest brands and agencies understand their customers, inform their media spend, invent new products, drive amazing creative campaigns and improve their targeting by providing game-changing insights no other technology company can provide.
Our two primary products - Kairos and Audience.ai - help brands tap into billions of public online and social conversations (classified intelligently using the latest advancements in AI and machine learning) so that they can become more relevant to consumers, and get better results from their campaigns.
What You’ll Do
As a Software Engineer, you will be key member of our development team, you will work on the back-end systems that support our proprietary application using technologies such as Java, ElasticSearch, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), and Docker. Serious candidates will be passionate about programming in a fast-paced, small, team-oriented, agile environment and enthusiastic about web-technologies. We need innovative problem solvers who have demonstrable success using a variety of open source technologies.
- Design and build distributed applications utilizing Java, Jetty, Postgres, ElasticSearch, and Google Cloud Platform
- Utilize testing frameworks to automate testing of software solutions
- Actively participate in the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) following the Agile methodology
- Execute problem solving capabilities with a demonstrable ability to adapt to change
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field of Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability with Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
- 3-5 years of Java development experience
- Minimum of 1-3 years of Web based development experience
- Big Data and Agile experience is a plus
- Experience preferred with REST, Git, Maven, Spring, Postgress, ElasticSearch, Linux, and various cloud solutions
Who You Are
- Strong attention to detail with a passion for code quality and design
- Initiative, results-oriented drive and a solid work ethic requiring minimal direction
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills; ability to prioritize and manage competing tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Assertive personality with a solid work ethic and initiative, requiring minimal direction
- High energy and drive, coupled with resourcefulness, required to succeed in a start-up environment
What You’ll Get
- Ownership and challenge in your work
- Collaborate with intelligent and highly skilled coworkers
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, disability, 401(k) and life insurance
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
- Company Culture that is Committed to Work-Life Balance for each and every employee
- Casual office environment with a startup feel – We have a particular fondness for Peanut M&Ms
- Fantastic Downtown Location connected to the Merchandise Mart
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.