Full Stack Developer
We are looking for Full Stack Developers to be key members of the engineering team, helping build our cross-platform personalized healthcare and financial platform from the ground up!
Yaro is building digital products that put consumers in the center of their healthcare. We’re an experience transformation engine putting the consumer first, so that it’s simple to make smart benefits choices, shop and pay for care, and establish financial well-being. We work with health plans, providers, and health systems to serve members as consumers, delivering better health outcomes, increased transparency, and lower costs. We want to have a continuous stream of diverse, smart engineers and designers who are excited and hungry to use software to solve challenging problems that immediately impact lives.
- Guided by clarity. We start with people - our clients, our users, and our team. By approaching our work with focus, transparency, and intention, we are clear on our priorities and what needs to get done and when.
- Building with intensity. Our passion has purpose, and that purpose drives us to build and sustain momentum. Staying agile and efficient gives us the ability to build and adapt quickly and securely. We want to get things done: built, launched, and making positive impact.
- Working in community. As team members, we radically collaborate in trusting relationships and create something we’re proud of. Bringing diverse experiences, perspectives, and skills, we build together as a company, with partners, and as part of the healthcare community.
As a full stack developer on the team, you will get to solve real world problems that affect all of us and in turn make a huge impact in the healthcare space. You will help create a healthcare and financial wellness platform curated for each person via massive amounts of third party and internal data, and run through complex rules to deliver targeted, proactive health and financial wellness solutions, at scale. If you passionate about creating delightful cross platform (Android, iOS, Web) user interactions utilizing React Native & ReactJS along with backend APIs, we would love to talk to you.
- You obsess over the customer and are excited about new ways to use data to continuously create a better customer experience
- You insist on the highest standards - You take responsibility for code quality and proliferate best practices across the development team through code reviews and testing
- You seek to build & simplify frameworks, tools & technologies and advocate for architectural improvements to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base
- You think big! You strive to automate all processes and focus on scale
- You believe in continuous delivery and iterating on code and features
- You take ownership of the results - You are interested in using analytics to derive insights through software
- You are able to manage your own time and are hungry to contribute and learn
What You Might Do in Your First Year:
- Build highly available, fault tolerant core features on our cross platform (mobile + web) solutions that integrate data across health insurance plans, providers and payment processors for a seamless view of a persons’ healthcare & financial record
- Build a digital wallet and a highly personalized shopping experience based on available health benefits
- Ship features rapidly to production and use A/B tests to drive decisions on user experiences with the product, user experience and rest of the engineering team.
- Integrate unit testing of code as part of development practice
- Collaborate with leadership team, product owners, end customers to continuously iterate and quickly ship features to production
About You in the Role:
- Go-to expert in an area of the codebase; understands the broad architecture of the entire system. (We'd love it if you have a degree in Computer Science or a related field.)
- Provides technical advice and weighs in on technical decisions that impact other teams or the company at-large.
- Takes initiative to identify and proactively tackle important problems like technical debt and coordinates with others on cross-cutting technical issues.
- Makes others better through code reviews, documentation, technical guidance & monitoring
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies in a rapid iteration environment
Overall solid, on-the- ground experience in several of the areas below, a lot of which make up our overall tech stack:
- ReactJS, React Native, AngularJS, Enzyme, Jest, Mocha
- SQL (PostgreSQL & NoSQL(DynamoDB, Cassandra) & Redis
- GraphQL & REST APIs
- Micro-services architecture using NodeJS & Molecular & Business Logic using Ruby/Python
- Search & Analytics with Elastisearch, Apache Solr, D3, Tableau, Kafka, ELK
- AWS (EC2, RDS, S3, API & sFTP Gateways, EMR, RDS)
- Messaging (SQS, SNS, RabbitMQ)
- Integration/ETL frameworks (Apache Spark, NiFi), HL7, oAuth
- Rule Systems (Drools, InRule)
- Continuous Delivery for web & mobile (Terraform, CircleCI, MobileHub, AppCenter)
- Containers (Docker)
Understands and evangelizes our development philosophies:
- Distributed Systems, SaaS
- Domain Driven Design
- Event-Based Architecture
- Instrumentation to log data for all types of insights
- Code maintainability, SOLID Principles
- Don’t over-engineer the solution
- Discuss and learn from failure
Perks of the Job:
- The chance to help build a platform and a company - you will make an impact here!
- Competitive salary, bonus potential and stock option eligibility
- Open PTO and flexible work hours
- Casual, open-layout workspace right on Michigan Avenue at the Chicago River
- An amazing view from the 34th floor
- Fully stocked kitchen (with plenty of LaCroix) and access to the building’s gym and secure bike room
- Health insurance, disability and life insurance, 401(k) with match, commuter benefits, and more
- Team events and happy hours
- Parental leave
About the Team:
Yaro is an impassioned work environment built by a diverse group with a strong sense of community. We’re here to revolutionize healthcare, put the power in the hands of the customer, and provide a inspiring and meaningful place to work. (We’re also pretty fun.) Join us!