FSQA Supplier Program Manager
About the role:
The primary responsibilities of FSQA Supplier Program Manager include ensuring all incoming ingredients and packaging meet specifications and are in compliance with regulations; and conducting quality and food safety audits at manufacturing and distribution facilities.
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Deeply caring and thoughtful. Provides solutions to supplier quality issues and operational challenges.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to build and influence both internal and external teams.
- Ability to make tough decisions when needed.
In a typical week, you will…
- Managing state and federal regulatory compliance regarding supplier management
- Conduct audits related to GMP/Food safety systems and/or GFSI benchmarked schemes like BRC, FSSC 22000 and SQF to co-man and high-risk suppliers as necessary
- Manage and keep all ingredients and packaging specifications up to date and compliance to company's standards
- Design, implement and continuously improve incoming material inspection programs
- Serve as a liaison between production facility warehouse management and corporate sourcing on supplier related incidences
- Escalate nonconforming material or material related incidents and work with sourcing for correction and corrective actions
- Conduct ingredient and finished product Quality/Food Safety/Shelf life testing
- Bachelor's degree in Food Science or Technical Equivalent (Food Microbiology, Chemistry with Relevant Industry Experience)
- Two (2) to Five (5) years experience in technical auditing (GFSI scheme preferred) or Quality and Food safety in a food manufacturing facility is a must (preferably in fresh produce industry)
- Previous regulatory interaction/management experience is a plus
- Ability to work in 40 degree production environment and lift 50 lbs
- Must be willing and able to travel 40-50% when required
- Excellent verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Traditional Healthcare Benefits -- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, LTD
- 10 paid holidays
- Generous PTO policy
- Competitive starting salary & room for advancement
- Spontaneous company events and community service activities
- Work with a phenomenal team of individuals that are constantly pushing the market boundaries to offer healthy food at the utmost convenience.
*Benefits apply to full time employees only.
About Farmer's Fridge
At Farmer's Fridge, we're committed to making wholesome, delicious food simply accessible, so people can live a little happier. We aim to remove the roadblocks to eating well on the go. That means sourcing top-notch ingredients, handcrafting meals in our kitchen, packing & delivering fresh to our network of Fridges and ensuring the best possible customer experience. Unpurchased items are regularly donated to local food depositories, providing responsibly sourced nutrition to community members in need. If you're passionate about our mission to change the food system for the better, our team just may be the right fit for you.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below.