Front-End Technical Lead - Restaurant
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa). While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 19+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 115,000 restaurants in 2,200 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, and Tapingo).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
We are looking for a Tech Lead - Software Engineer to provide technical and architectural leadership and actively build those solutions for a key Restaurant engineering team. You will conceptualize, design, build and deploy new and innovative products and services that facilitate the wide offerings, capabilities, and feedback loops for our restaurant partners. Our Team Leads wear a lot of hats - including hands-on coding, mentoring developers, influencing our product vision, and designing our system architecture. We have high standards for code quality, all forms of testing, and intelligent architecture.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Architect, implement and test technology solutions at Grubhub
- Motivate and advise technical solutions across multiple cross-functional teams
- Take technical responsibility for a family of systems - manage technical debt, be on the lookout for opportunities for improvement, and work with system engineers to keep our production systems scaling and performing wickedly fast
- Actively contribute to the adoption of software architecture, best practices, and technologies.
- Actively participate in your team's agile ceremonies. Positively contribute to the planning, grooming, and execution of your team’s goals in a rapid development environment.
- Act as a technical voice for the restaurant engineering group
- Encourage continuous delivery and an experimentation-centered development process
- Mentor your team encouraging them to grow technically and professionally.
- Set standards for throughput and capabilities for the team and create a culture of delivery and self-accountability
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Programming or Engineering related field
- 7+ years experience building highly-scalable consumer-facing applications (e-commerce preferred)
- Experience with informal mentorship
- Experience architecting, designing and developing testable, fault tolerant, and performant software
- Masterful understanding of unit testing, integration testing, and load testing
- Mastery of developing highly reusable components
- Experience working with distributed systems
- Experience with AWS and CDN Deployment architectures
- Experience with React Native is a plus
- Experience with Android & iOS is a plus
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.