At Clique, front-end engineers push the boundaries of what’s possible in web applications. We’re so lucky to work with leading local organizations like McDonald’s, Adler Planetarium, Northwestern, as well as high-growth startups like Signal to create globally-recognized work.
What will you do?
The primary responsibility of this role is simple: to build great experiences for the web. To do this, front-end engineers collaborate with industry-leading designers to explore possibilities through visual and interactive mocks using Sketch and then translate them into optimized and pixel perfect markup. They’re as comfortable understanding designer mockups as they are executing complex interactions on the newest browser or mobile device, and partner with back-end engineers to see it through.
One of our front-end engineers, John Droese, explains, “Projects are diverse and challenging, always something new to take away from each. Culture is conducive to personal and professional growth, and having fun while doing great work.” - John Droese, Front-end Engineer
- Strong understanding of HTML5, CSS3, Vanilla JS and jQuery
- Ability to translate Sketch files into pixel perfect markup
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Knowledge of modern development workflow using NPM, Yarn, Webpack (Gulp/Grunt, Bower also acceptable)
- Experience using SASS, Flexbox and CSS Grids
- Knowledge of SVG and CSS animations
- Knowledge of Wordpress and its templating system
- Familiarity with Web Accessibility standards
- Experience developing with ES6
You may be the right person if you:
- Excited to work in a fast pace environment
- Show a commitment to making others lives easier
- A strong eye for detail
- Working directly with project managers and clients
- Have an interest in working on a diverse array of problems and technologies
- Show openness to teaching, and learning from a diverse team
1. Our Culture
- Awarded as a "Best and Brightest Place to Work".
- We are serious about being an inclusive place for people looking to do great work. Read our full inclusion statement at cliquestudios.com/inclusion
- 100% committed to being a highly engaged team. How? We recently executed an effort to build a tool to increase transparency between teams and their leadership—we call it HappyMeter. At our clients’ requests, we made it self-service and open to the public at HappyMeter.lol
- Driven by team sourced and supported values: Build Something, Always Learning and Teaching, and Make Someone's Job Easier. Learn more at cliquestudios.com/values
- We’ve been named a Webby honoree, named global Site of the Day at the Awwwards, and won Gold at the American Business Awards.
2. Career and Personal Growth
- Proactive review every 6 months to check-in on performance goals, alignment with values and your current level of engagement w/ your work.
- Access to educational training and mentoring opportunities through Clique U + $500 stipend for external training
- Time off for volunteering
- Quarterly company outings, past examples include mini-golf, happy hours, trivia night and the occasional 5k run
- Company Growth = Career growth. We’ve grown every year of our existence through an organic “Growth through quality” strategy that invests in our people instead of any short-term strategies
3. Flexibility and Security
- Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- 14 days PTO first three years, 21 days PTO after
- 11 holidays including a week at the end of the year
- 3 sick days, plus unlimited work from home for personal and family illness.
- Paid parental leave
- Work at our Michigan Ave Office or TechNexus co-working space whenever you want
- Work from home twice per month, flexible hours, no dress code
- 401k, with match after 1 year